Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so no dirt road now as quoted in the LA Times. Also quoted again is Neidershorter who does come across as a condescending male appendage. Seems the only one FUDding about the NDA is him, and of course NHTSA bit. Kudos to Tesla for squelching that FUD with an easy update so quickly.

And the NHTSA looked into this almost 2 months ago (on 4/20 - how appropriate) and clearly has not opened a formal investigation despite the misreporting to the contrary.

So all of the he said/she said aside, that's a seriously rusted component. How come it's the only one is the question. Well, one of the questions.

Tesla denies Model S problems and changes driver agreement to satisfy regulators

Screenshot 2016-06-10 19.20.35.png

Elon Musk on Twitter

NHTSA confirmed today that they found no safety concern with the Model S suspension and have no further need for data from us on this matter
also this: Twitter

Of greater concern: 37 of 40 suspension complaints to NHTSA were fraudulent, i.e. false location or vehicle identification numbers were used​

Woo hoo! As to the former, as expected. As to the latter, that's just disgraceful. I hope Elon and Co break open a bottle of the Pappy's for weathering this tempest in a teapot so efficiently. Crisis management's getting better :)

Elon Musk on Twitter

NHTSA confirmed today that they found no safety concern with the Model S suspension and have no further need for data from us on this matter
also this: Twitter

Of greater concern: 37 of 40 suspension complaints to NHTSA were fraudulent, i.e. false location or vehicle identification numbers were used​

I just tried to access the complaint page for Tesla Model S at NHTSA.gov and received this error:

Server Error
We're sorry, but there has been a server error in the page you are trying to access.

There may be a problem with our web servers or database connections.

Please contact NHTSA using the "Contact NHTSA" link at the bottom of the page so that someone will be able to address your problem.

The entire database is down. I checked for complaints on other cars too. I wonder if NHTSA took the database offline temporarily.

Wow, it seems a large group of people have joined in the past few months just to bash Tesla. Lucille, Drivin, X Yes? and Dr ValueSeeker are over on another thread and here we have WilliamZ. They can all get together at the Seeking Alpha party and discuss more ways to push Tesla down and make money by shorting. I hear the guest speakers are Edward Niedermeyer, Breitbart and Keef Wivaneff.

Ok, so no dirt road now as quoted in the LA Times. Also quoted again is Neidershorter who does come across as a condescending male appendage. Seems the only one FUDding about the NDA is him, and of course NHTSA bit. Kudos to Tesla for squelching that FUD with an easy update so quickly.

And the NHTSA looked into this almost 2 months ago (on 4/20 - how appropriate) and clearly has not opened a formal investigation despite the misreporting to the contrary.

So all of the he said/she said aside, that's a seriously rusted component. How come it's the only one is the question. Well, one of the questions.

Tesla denies Model S problems and changes driver agreement to satisfy regulators

Highly doubt that claim. Take this with the grain of salt Mr. Musk offered. I thought, a few others reported suspension failures in this thread itself. See post #40 by Dennis87; he reports 3 cases from Norway. And I think, Bjorn Nyland's suspensions were also changed.
Suspension Problem on Model S
Dennis87 Post #40 here said:
I know about 3 similar cases in Norway. One of them it did just snap right off when driving out of a parking spot. Is just luck none in them have happens when driving fast and caused an accident. ...

Besides, how many Model S have been driven more than 70K miles by now? Bragging about failure rates when > 50% of Tesla cars are less than a year old is just fooling around. We need to check failure rate in Model S cars with high mileage and/or age.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: JohnSnowNW
Woo hoo! As to the former, as expected. As to the latter, that's just disgraceful. I hope Elon and Co break open a bottle of the Pappy's for weathering this tempest in a teapot so efficiently. Crisis management's getting better :)
Knowingly making false statements to NHTSA is a federal crime that's punishable by 5 years in prison. I say prosecute those bastards.

I am patiently waiting for the OP, @Drivin, @Dr ValueSeeker and @X Yes? to express their relief that Model S's suspension has been declared safe by the NHTSA. After all, they were only out to seek the truth and protect Model S owners.

I am also patiently waiting for them to express their outrage that a fraudster filed 37 false complaints about suspension problems for the Model S. I am sure it is very upsetting to be duped like that.

I expect I'll be waiting a long time. But I am a patient man.

Nope.
Not volunteering info to authorities is not illegal. Unethical, yes.

It doesn't appear that Tesla notified the authorities of all the unsafe issues about the Roadster that Tesla recently revealed - and if they did, I am more concerned that the authorities didn't notify the public.

Oh stop. You don't have a Roadster, so you are completely unaware of what Roadster owners did or did not know.

There are no safety issues, other than what is well known: It is a very low to the ground vehicle (like many sports cars), convertible (meaning no rollover protection other than the piece behind the driver), and some early breakdowns that owners no longer experience. I'm sure there are other misc things, but it's not like anything is hidden from us.

I'm sure someone else can find the photos, but there was one Roadster in a horrific crash where most of the driver side panels were sheared off by the other vehicle. But the driver was safely contained next to the steel beam (the one that makes it such a pain in the ass to climb in and out). I feel as safe as I would in any car of this size.

So stop, please, with your dramatics about this. There was nothing to reveal. And you'd know that if you actually knew anything about the car.

for those of you that haven't been to pa heres a tip in a lot of places the roads are crap
and durning the winter pa uses a mixture of salt cinders and mud which is basically like coating your car in gooie acidic cement
it is murder on even the toughest of steel

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Status
Not open for further replies.