Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swerving/drifting on AP with 40.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the update my M3 will swerve ever so slightly within the lane I am driving in while AP is engaged (no FSD). It’s definitely not the road, as it is happening during my normal commute so I would have felt it before.

it feels as if it is trying to center itself in the lane, overshooting the center, then correcting itself. Only to overshoot the correction and start the process all over.

Anyone else experiencing this? It is pretty subtle, but once I noticed it now I feel it all the time.

Just finished a 1500 mile drive. It got so bad that my wife asked me to take it off autopilot for awhile. After spending hours analyzing, it seems to be worse when cars are on either side of me. When cruising down the interstate, no cars around, most of the time it does not oscillate in the lane. Once a vehicle passes or I pass a vehicle my car does a slight over reaction to the car next to me. Then it continues that lane oscillation until I am clear of cars. Might be coincidence, but, happens pretty consistently that way.

Can't wait for an update to fix this. It's very frustrating.

Ever since the update my M3 will swerve ever so slightly within the lane I am driving in while AP is engaged (no FSD). It’s definitely not the road, as it is happening during my normal commute so I would have felt it before.

it feels as if it is trying to center itself in the lane, overshooting the center, then correcting itself. Only to overshoot the correction and start the process all over.

Anyone else experiencing this? It is pretty subtle, but once I noticed it now I feel it all the time.

Which version of Model 3 do you have? When was it produced(i.e HW 2.5 or 3?)?