Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update removed Sirius/XM selection from infotainment screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you press both scroll buttons and hold until the screens go blank, the boot process is starting. It will make no difference whether you hold the buttons in for 20 second longer, 2 minutes, or 2 hours, the boot process will begin when the screen goes blank and releasing the buttons later has no effect once this begins.
Agreed, the difference here was rebooting outside (presumably exposed to satellite) vs doing it in my garage.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I have the disappearing XM issue also, usually at least once a day. I stopped by the SC today to inquire about the airbag recall and asked if they had other reports regarding this. Yes they have and are aware of it. Software update related. I have found the quickest most reliable way to get it right back is to select Power Off from the menu rather than the 2 finger reboot. It is much faster and seems to work every time.FYI....

Recently got an update to 2020.48.37.6 on my 2013 Model S. I had been listening to some podcasts and had not noticed that S/XM is gone until this morning. And I mean gone. Like the car never had it and doesn't even have the satellite radio. If you let your subscription lapse or the car gets out of sync S/XM is still there and you can listen to the DEMO channel but there isn't any way to even select that anymore. I tried rebooting but that made no difference. The FM radio still works but I never use that anyway. I like Sirius because despite AT&T and Verizon's claims to the contrary there are large areas of the country with no cell service. And at least until a few months ago SXM would operate without a cell connection. They sort of broke that in that you can't get channel lists without a cell connection so unless you start listening in a place with cell service you can't select any channels. Of course that is not my current problem.

I have scheduled a service at the closest service center (400 miles away) but this should not be necessary. I wish there was a way to regress to the last good software which was version 6 which went away sometime in 2015 or 2016.

Tesla is a great technology company but a terrible software company.

Anyone else seen this? Anything else you can think of to try since a reboot didn't do it.

I am trying and failing at not being angry about this.
Same this morning! No XM

Reactions: Ed Hart
No, my car was parked on the street and could get a signal during the update and when I returned to the car a few hours later, last night, I noticed the Sirius XM app was completely gone. Checked again this morning and despite multiple reboots and restarting car, it is still missing.

I am current on the Enhanced Beta FSD updates, and I don't have audio sources anymore, but I do have all the sources in the main apps page I described above. Since you can move the sources you want to the ribbon bar, it is not necessary anymore.

Tesla broke it in the software update. Join the club.
Count me on on A 2018 X and a brand new S LR. In exchange, I now have software that lets me colorize my car. This is extremely unprofessional performance. Since this is not the first time, I believe it is time for a head to role on these stupid software update matters. It is as if no one has a checklist on updates. GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Audio Sources was removed in the V11 Interface changes, I think. I don't have it anymore. All Audio Sources are all accessible using the three vertical periods on the bottom ribbon.
It's still there. It's one of the three buttons in the upper right of the media UI.

The 2022.4.5 update disabled SiriusXM in Audio Sources for me - just had to in and re-enable it.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I am not sure what people are talking about above with "audio sources" but just like last July 2021, the Sirius XM option is completely gone from the audio sources (I can see all the sources including Tidal, but no Sirius).

Worse, I reported this and Tesla gave me a mobile appt in a few days and now they want me to take it a service center.

I did get another update today, but it looks like same as the last one and Sirius XM is still missing.

Good news, the update I got last night seems to have fixed the Sirius XM problem. I think it is .5 revision of the main update. Now, when you touch audio settings, select "sources" there is a choice to enable SiriusXM as a source (for some reason it starts off disabled).

Before I installed this latest update, the audio settings, sources, listed all the other options such as Tidal and Spotify but did NOT list Sirius XM.

Of course there is zero documentation in the update that mentions this was fixed.

To be clear, I received update 2022.4.5 twice. The first time was superbowl day and that broke sirius. The second time (probably a patched version) was yesterday and that added Sirius XM to the audio sources you could enable.