Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Symbio Energy Tariff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I’m looked to change electricity providers and for my needs all the comparison websites say a company called Symbio is the cheapest by quite a distance.

Basically 10.8p ker kWh all day and nearly all my electricity usage is during the day.

Anyone use them or have any experience?

I’ve been with Symbio for over 18 months now. No reason to complain, but no real need for customer support either (the tariff switch at the end of my fix was easy enough)

I need to change suppliers as Green Network Energy have gone bust. I looked at Symbio but their reputation is poor. I'll probably go back to Bulb vari-fair, not the cheapest but customer service is very good (I used them before).
Saw this new tariff the other day that may be worth a try?

OVO’s unique Drive Anytime tariff offers cheaper electricity for EV owners | OVO Energy

6p per kWh to charge your car at any time of day, 16p per kWh all day for your home. I believe the catch is that you need the OVO charger, which is going to deter a lot of people with existing home charging solutions.

I guess you've ruled out Octopus?

I need to change suppliers as Green Network Energy have gone bust. I looked at Symbio but their reputation is poor. I'll probably go back to Bulb vari-fair, not the cheapest but customer service is very good (I used them before).

According to Martin Lewis, they are moving everyone to EDF and they will put you on a cheaper deal than you had!

Might be worth sitting tight for now :)

Green Network Energy UPDATE! Ull be moved to 1 of 6 EDF new 'cheaper than ur on now' tariffs til min Sept The quoted max rates look gd compared to market cheapest. Yet we don't have rate cards yet, so cant verify. Yet it looks like stay put dont switch is best option for now

According to Martin Lewis, they are moving everyone to EDF and they will put you on a cheaper deal than you had!

Might be worth sitting tight for now :)

You are right! had an email from EDF. We are paying: 8.715p at night and 13.157p during the day on an Economy 7 tariff and of course my M3P is only charged at night. I will definitely stay with EDF until at least September. :)

Reactions: DaveW
Saw this new tariff the other day that may be worth a try?

OVO’s unique Drive Anytime tariff offers cheaper electricity for EV owners | OVO Energy

6p per kWh to charge your car at any time of day, 16p per kWh all day for your home. I believe the catch is that you need the OVO charger, which is going to deter a lot of people with existing home charging solutions.

I guess you've ruled out Octopus?

A friend with an i3 is using Octopus, but I do not want and will not have a Smart Meter. I'll review tarrifs in September.