Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for you all regarding the Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors which are on each rim. I expect to have 2 sets of rims, one for Winter Snow Tires and and another set for summer tires. That said, what can I expect the behavior of the Tesla Tire Monitoring System to be? Will it have to be manually re-programmed (as my Prius Does) or will it be smart enough to auto-detect (as my 2004 Crossfire was). If it needs reprogramming or resetting of TPMS codes will Tesla SC do this? And at what price... (my Toyota Dealer wants $100 each time I switch from winter to summer tires)....
thanks and nice wheels you all!
Art

You can reprogram the TPMS after each wheel change or rotation with a button on the control panel, under Controls>Driving>Settings. You simply have to drive at 25 mph after pressing the reset button for a mile or two. Newscutter just posted a video of this simple process on TeslaPittsburgh.com, after we temporarily mounted his winter wheels before rotating his summer wheels. I read somewhere that the computer will keep eight sensors in memory, so it is possible that you only need to do this the first time you mount your winter wheels. But I just reset them every time I change or rotate wheels, since it is such a simple process.

Well.... not quite.... It's uploaded for a future post but I've been distracted working on my dashcam one.

Since you mentioned it though, here's a sneak preview... Loose lips, Jake... loose lips.:wink:

Thanks for posting that! Very helpful. I'm following in your footsteps with the same wheels etc. Im not going to do a test mount though.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a new member, this is my first comment on this site. Forgive me if this issue has been brought up, but as a real "turbine" pilot, I couldn't help but notice that the turbine wheels (21's or aftermarket) are not unidirectional. The right side they rotate as a "propellor" and on the left side (same wheel) they rotate like a desktop fan. I imagine the cooling effect on the brakes is negligible either way but it looks funky... From my point of view anyways. I ordered mine with the default 19's... Cheers to great car as I await my order...

Good question, but the "turbine" wheel spokes are really are not shaped anything like a turbine blade. By that I mean there's no turbine blade angle of attack. A cross section view of each spoke shows that each "blade" is actually shaped more like a triangle, vice an airfoil, fan blade, or propeller. The photos are deceiving. Take a look from the back of the wheel, and you'll see what I mean. There is probably no draw of air in or out of the wheel caused by the turbine look whatsoever.

Last edited:
I just bought the grey TST wheels. I am getting them installed tomorrow. I am trying to figure out what the story is with the lug nuts. Can you purchase dark lug nuts from Tesla or is it only dark lug nut covers? If it is the latter then can I purchase later and install them myself?

Thought I would share my Red Model S with the silver T Sportline wheels.

Sept014%20003.jpg

They really look factory. I can't get enough of how awesome my red MS looks with them.

Last edited:
Hi folks - I'm the proud owner of a set of these lovely rims in grey, to be fitted to my silver P85.

Now Tesla SeC said they were ok to fit them and indeed they put the Pirelli Sottozero tyres on the rims. However, when they came to fit the wheels on the car thay said they weren't good and that they are not snug on the hib spindle and that this will put too much vertical load on the lugs.

Indeed, looking at the design of the bore, there's a 45° chamfer which is much more prevalent than on the Tesla original rim (5mm versus 2mm), so I can understand Tesla's argument. However, I have assurances from T-Sportline that the wheels are good and obviously a lot of owners have them fitted.

Can any of you guys and girls give me your thoughts/experiences with this? When you had your wheels fitted, was this not commented on, or was a set of spacers used?

Cheers, Dave

Can any of you guys and girls give me your thoughts/experiences with this? When you had your wheels fitted, was this not commented on, or was a set of spacers used?

I've had them on since around April I think? No problem at all. TSportline designed these wheel and engineered them SPECIFICALLY for the Model S - no other car. They were described as MATCHING the OEM spec, so no spacers needed. (you couldn't even use a spacer if you wanted to, nowhere to fit it as the center bore size is an exact match to Tesla. TSportline also had the wheels independently verified by a third party for structural/safety and posted the results somewhere on TMC. All other third party wheels that you'd get off of tirerack have a larger centre bore and would require a spacer (not good), but NOT these TSportlines.

The major reasons I decided to buy: 1) looks obviously, they keep that 21" OEM factory look, 2) cost - they are cheap relative to the Tesla OEM 21s, 3) they match OEM spec and require no spacer and reuse the same Tesla lug nuts, 4) they've been independently verified and 5) now this is the only 2 differences from OEM -> they are 0.5" wider (so I could mount 255s perfectly), and are 35mm offset vs Tesla OEM 40mm offset. This means they sit SLIGHTLY further out in the wheel well. Looks-wise, they look MUCH better because they fill out the wheel well more. yes, that does mean SLIGHTLY more stress on the lugs, but honestly I think it's negligible.

now to you're question, I did not notice any chamfer different than the OEM. but that's because I didn't look ;/ nobody mentioned this before. people are Mr Tire didnt say anything. Tsportline's never mentioned it. Tesla's rotated them for me once already and didn't mention anything. actually that's wrong, the guys at springfield said they LOVED the look of them and that they were much better than having the 21s because I won't have the blowout/rim damage problems, lol.

so experiences with 10k miles on them - they seem great so far. no problems. with my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (vs the original goodyears), the car stays planted, no spinning, quieter, holds the road great, much better feeling when driving. it gives it a whole new experience vs the "floaty feeling" I have with the goodyears

Thanks for the feedback yobigd20. Actually, T Sportline themselves admit that the chamfer is different and when the guys at Tesla SeC shows me, the rim was moving about on the hub - that's because the spindle doesn't protrude sufficiently from the hub to reach the part of the main bore (if that makes sense).

I made a drawing, which I'll attach from my iPhone.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but Tesla stated very firmly that in their opinion the wheel wasn't correct for the car...

To their credit, T Sportline have been quick to answer my questions and have offered to take the rims back for refund. But I don't want to go that route.

I drew a picture of the difference between the two wheels - will post from my iPhone.