Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T Sportline have a good reputation and they've made these for the Model S from the ground up, so I think it's probably a non-issue. But as I have the fear of God put in me by Tesla... I would have thought there are a few members here who have fitted these rims, probably with an engineering mind, who came across the same observation.

Wow I never saw that angle/gap, as I never looked for it, assuming the fit would be snug because the center bore was the same. But Newscutter and I noticed when mounting that it doesn't hang snugly during mounting, and needs to be cinched in place by the lugs.

Would love to hear Jerry33's opinion on the impact of this. Thanks for pointing it out, Lycanthrope.

Hi Folks

I had a clarification from T Sportline that puts my mind at rest, so I will share with you. Although the wheel doesn't hang off the spindle by itself, when the lugs are tightened it is then sitting snuggly - see the diagram and photo they sent me.

Begs the question why they didn't make it the same a Tesla's spec.

Anyway, see the attached...

Dave
IMG_3082.JPG
tst-vs-oe.png

Hi Folks

I had a clarification from T Sportline that puts my mind at rest, so I will share with you. Although the wheel doesn't hang off the spindle by itself, when the lugs are tightened it is then sitting snuggly - see the diagram and photo they sent me.

Begs the question why they didn't make it the same a Tesla's spec.

Anyway, see the attached...

DaveView attachment 61897View attachment 61898

Surely this can't be a correct image of how they are mounted? On the image you posted it looks like they centre of the wheel is not in contact with the shaft at all, which basically means it would be hanging on the screws, which obviously wouldn't work. How long is the actual contact surface between the spindle and the wheel?

Contact is 1mm+

Surely this can't be a correct image of how they are mounted? On the image you posted it looks like they centre of the wheel is not in contact with the shaft at all, which basically means it would be hanging on the screws, which obviously wouldn't work. How long is the actual contact surface between the spindle and the wheel?

Ok 1 mm+ is better than 0, but it doesn't sound good, surely this chamfer is something you will change? I'm not sure what kind of loads you have if you hit a large bump in the road at reasonable speed, if the axial load that the screws provide are overcome by the force from the impact you really need the spindle to prevent shearing of the screws. I'm not entirely sure how often these kinds of impacts would happen on a road car, just feels like and unnecessary risk.

I'm told it's a 2mm chamfer on the OEM, versus 5mm on the TST - so that implies +/-3mm

I'm going to fit mine this week, I can't imagine that T Sportline would manufacture in this way if they remotely though it might be an issue.

Plus we see many members with them fitted and are yet to hear of anyone having and issue, right?

Hey folks, I got mine fitted yesterday - I will post a photo when I can, grey wheels, Tesla TPMS, Tesla lug covers, Tesla centre caps, Pirelli Sottozero winter tyres.

They look fantastic and yesterday evening I drove 230 kilometres in the dark and during rain and they feel fantastic too - very glad I had those new tyres fitted, the road-holding was way better in the wet and they're quieter too.

Photo probably next week as I'm on vacation now and the car's dirty as hell...

OK, here's a very dirty Silver Model S with TST Grey turbines:

15621897935_79a93a101f_z.jpg

Last edited: