Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC failure to complete stop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have mu S85 AP1 since april and TACC was very good. In las day ot two I discovered what I can describe as failure to complete stop. Is sees the stopped car infron of me, it slows down like usual but once at 2-3 mph it feels like it just abort braking without any earnings. The car infront of me is showed correctly as close to me car but the car just coasts at very low speed toward it. Both times I just pressed the brakes but wonder if this is sign for problem with the TACC/AP1

• Informative
Reactions: njxman
...sign for problem with the TACC/AP1

I think Tesla would say "it works as designed". It's design is you have to babysit the system and intervene at times like this.

Sometimes it works fine, other times it doesn't.

I think I experienced something like this once. My car automatically stopped to avoid rear-ending into a stopped truck in front. But then it revised its finding as shown on the instrument cluster as if the stopped truck in front would now be further and it lurched up risking hitting that stopped truck. Fortunately, I was able to apply the brake.

My foot is usually completely off the pedals. It apeared only twice and can not replicate it on purpose to make a video.

I think my front radar is giving up. Today on the freeway it just turned of the TACC, the cars infront of me disappeared on the dash and icons for autopilot and TACC was not displayed. When I tried to turn it back on it showed message that cruise control is unavailable. Front radar limited viability.

I remembered the time of the "accident" and will stop by service center to ask them to pull the logs from the car. When I exited the freeway and after the first light all came back to normal. When I departed I was looking at my rear view camera for object behind me that may be stuck to the radar area but nothing was left behind.

Will keep you posted