Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC with 7.0 - unexpected slowdowns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bypass was constructed nearly two years ago but my Model S navigation still doesn't recognize it. While going on that stretch of road the car would tell me to turn around make a turn in a cycle until my car was on the navigation path that the car recognized. After downloading the 7.0 software I had issues that Tesla fixed and have been finally able to use TACC again. On my way home from the service center I noticed a drastic slow down for seemingly no reason. It happened in the same spot the next few trips. I usually don't travel with navigation on but I turned it on just to make sure that the slowdowns were happening in the unrecognized Tesla navigation spots. I'm curious as to how long it takes the navigation system to update and recognize new or even two year old routes.

I just got a confirmation from Tesla that it is indeed that gps/outdated navigon maps that cause these slowdowns. That explains why it happens in the same place everywhere. My video and report has been forwarded to the bug-system/dev team.

Have you experienced any differences since reporting the issue?

I just got a confirmation from Tesla that it is indeed that gps/outdated navigon maps that cause these slowdowns. That explains why it happens in the same place everywhere. My video and report has been forwarded to the bug-system/dev team.

Do you happen to know other Tesla drivers living in the same area that you could ask to test these roads ?

- - - Updated - - -

No, no changes at all. I suspect we need map updates for the car before anything improves.

Well if it is really depending on the Navigon maps then this can take a while...apparently some people never had updates in 1.5 years.

Do you happen to know other Tesla drivers living in the same area that you could ask to test these roads ?

- - - Updated - - -

Well if it is really depending on the Navigon maps then this can take a while...apparently some people never had updates in 1.5 years.

Other local Tesla drivers have the exact same issue at the same locations. So it really is reproducible.

If our cars start depending that much on the maps then I hope that Tesla will speed up the map update process.

Just to add a type of slowdown. I used navigation 2 nights ago and it was recommending back roads that I don't take at night. So I'm driving along I-40 at night - straight, no cars and definitely no shadows. Right as I skip the exit that it wanted me to take, I slowed from 72 to about 65. Lasted a few secs and resumed. Then it did the exact same thing at the next appropriate exit.

Interesting. Not really something to complain about and obviously different than what is happening here. But in my opinion, clear evidence that it is using navigation to control TACC. FWIW - these exits are probably 20+ years old.

Now how hard is it to just take the exit that it wants to take? To be followed by a beep beep - "take control of the car". And of course an immediate slow down if you are unaware.