Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking 3 day old Model Y for repair, and $100 Uber credit per day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received Model Y on Monday via their new contactless delivery. It was fairly painless, but issues with the car were found and the only thing I could do is to schedule a service appointment. With you guys suggestion, I used the mobile app to schedule an appointment on April 1st (not a joke..haha). And, Tesla service center is practicing contactless service as well. Their doors were shut but service consultant came out and greeted us when we arrived.

The biggest issue was the trunk can't be closed properly...at least not consistently. And, my charger port door seems stuck...can't be opened easily as well. Showed them my video footage and they said another person has a similar issue. They don't have a loaner for me, and that made sense. I don't think Tesla wants to deep clean their car every time when someone returns it. I was offered $100 Uber credit per day when the car is in the shop.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the service consultant told me that their courtesy paint repair is only valid if the car has less than 100 miles. So, if you have any issue with your Model Y, schedule an appointment ASAP

Yup - took mine in today - replaced the charging port door with a new one, realigned my trunk trigger and frunk trigger (works perfectly now), touched up a chip, adjusted some areas of concern - need to take it back next week for a new 21" uber wheel that was curbed upon driveway delivery.

They gave me $200 credit although I only used today - Uber app tells me to use the rest by tomorrow 9pm or it'll expire - this is freebie credit right? Thinking of just using it to and from work tomorrow ;)

Reactions: Electric Steve
i went back the same day i got the car delivered. Rear speakers didn't work alignment isn't correct either. They gave me a loaner, got the car back the next day. Rear speakers supposedly fixed and they said they couldn't do the alignment right now due to a missing piece on their alignment equipment. told me to schedule for a week later. Going back next Tuesday, when they confirmed my appointment, they told me it's not true about the alignment. They should have been able to do it(that's what I thought also). Rear speaker still kind of weird, isn't the sub woofer supposed to be in the back? When I do rear only speakers, there is no bass at all. Front speakers only I hear bass, unless the sub woofer is in the front now? Last issue is charging, either the charging cable has issue, or it's the car. I guess this is the price we pay for having the early batch.

• Informative
Reactions: firerock
Yup - took mine in today - replaced the charging port door with a new one, realigned my trunk trigger and frunk trigger (works perfectly now), touched up a chip, adjusted some areas of concern - need to take it back next week for a new 21" uber wheel that was curbed upon driveway delivery.

They gave me $200 credit although I only used today - Uber app tells me to use the rest by tomorrow 9pm or it'll expire - this is freebie credit right? Thinking of just using it to and from work tomorrow ;)

While I was there, they told me I was the 2nd person have a similar issue with my trunk not closing properly. And both of us have similar issue with charger port. Their QA team wasn't too great during quarter end.

Hopefully, they will extend that paint repair window beyond the 100-mile marker with everything going on so long as it was documented at the time of delivery. It just seems like the right thing to do unless they plan on sterilizing the vehicles after servicing.

But, I took their contactless delivery. They just dropped off the car on my driveway and left. There's not even a way to walk around the car with their delivery team. I reached to them and they told me to contact service department. So, it's not obvious that customers have to report any paint issues within 100 miles.

i went back the same day i got the car delivered. Rear speakers didn't work alignment isn't correct either. They gave me a loaner, got the car back the next day. Rear speakers supposedly fixed and they said they couldn't do the alignment right now due to a missing piece on their alignment equipment. told me to schedule for a week later. Going back next Tuesday, when they confirmed my appointment, they told me it's not true about the alignment. They should have been able to do it(that's what I thought also). Rear speaker still kind of weird, isn't the sub woofer supposed to be in the back? When I do rear only speakers, there is no bass at all. Front speakers only I hear bass, unless the sub woofer is in the front now? Last issue is charging, either the charging cable has issue, or it's the car. I guess this is the price we pay for having the early batch.

Sorry to hear about your issues. :(

Considering Model Y shares 75% of the same part as Model 3, I'm quite surprised the issues we are seeing.

Subwoofer is in the cargo area above the passenger wheel well, you can see the exhaust port for it if you look up from the little passenger storage cubby on the right. It is not in the hatch. Not sure if the wiring issue you have with your hatch speakers not working effects the sub though. You will still get base out of the regular speakers, it's just not going to hit the lows and be as good as the dedicated sub.

• Informative
Reactions: Klau2 and firerock
Subwoofer is in the cargo area above the passenger wheel well, you can see the exhaust port for it if you look up from the little passenger storage cubby on the right. It is not in the hatch. Not sure if the wiring issue you have with your hatch speakers not working effects the sub though. You will still get base out of the regular speakers, it's just not going to hit the lows and be as good as the dedicated sub.
Yeah, i am pretty sure my sub isn't working.

Great Feedback, Thanks for passing it on. We are taking ours in tomorrow to install Homelink and deal with the seats not dropping consistently when the back buttons are pushed.

I think our actual problem as well as yours sound like hopefully easy things to fix. Will report tomorrow on how our stop went in Tampa
my back seats are a little inconsistent too, i kind of was taking it that they need to break in a little but i'm sure others are worse.

Yeah, my guess is a wiring issue. Not surprised since none of the rear speakers worked when I first got the car. My guess is they only fixed the rear speakers wiring, but not the sub.

Received Model Y on Monday via their new contactless delivery. It was fairly painless, but issues with the car were found and the only thing I could do is to schedule a service appointment. With you guys suggestion, I used the mobile app to schedule an appointment on April 1st (not a joke..haha). And, Tesla service center is practicing contactless service as well. Their doors were shut but service consultant came out and greeted us when we arrived.

The biggest issue was the trunk can't be closed properly...at least not consistently. And, my charger port door seems stuck...can't be opened easily as well. Showed them my video footage and they said another person has a similar issue. They don't have a loaner for me, and that made sense. I don't think Tesla wants to deep clean their car every time when someone returns it. I was offered $100 Uber credit per day when the car is in the shop.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the service consultant told me that their courtesy paint repair is only valid if the car has less than 100 miles. So, if you have any issue with your Model Y, schedule an appointment ASAP

In reply to the PORT DOOR, this becomes an issue, and fixable at your home for the future along with weather stripping for the doors. The mobile app is amazing once you become use to the efficient simplicity and trust how Tesla operates. Jimmy in Scottsdale AZ is our point of contact with our Tesla repair and hands down Tesla has it "going on"
One of the best advice from a friend keep a list of the ongoing issues depending on your personal threshold 3-5 issues then bring it in.
BEST CAR EVER
White Stallion

Reactions: firerock
Post over here so a list can be compiled. It will be hard for Tesla to deny the issue when lots of owners have the same issue.
Rear Seats - Not Aligned on Delivery
not the same issue. i just checked, my seats are the same height. this is just a stiffness in the hinges and such on the left seats. when you push the button to lower them, it requires a nudge if the right seat is also up. just stiff. otherwise the interior is beautiful.

Reactions: NY_Rob
The 100mi paint repair thing is just unrealistic. When I get my MY I am literally going to go over it with a magnifying glass if they are going to be such Alpha Hotel's about it.

I think 100 miles is overly generous, considering a rock chip from the road could happen on your very first drive in the car as the new owner. Regarding paint, it’s always best to look over the car thoroughly before driving it and document any notable issues on the spot.