Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Model 3 USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SSD is formatted to FAT32 and was working fine, it just does not work with this USB hub essentially making the unit useless

Not sure. Had the same issue. Scratching didn't solve it at first. Took it apart, put it back together, connected the Taptes to a PC using a little hub. Then plugged in a thumbdrive to check if that worked. Then the SSD. They are just data thru ports, So only one of the back usb plugs, is connected to one of the front/internal data ports.

Good luck, but yeah QA for the taptes should be improved. But you get what you pay for!

I bought a jeda hub and it didn’t work well at all. With it plugged in I was only gett 4.6 volts from even the “pass through” port. I am working with customer support to get a refund. Moreover I bought a jeda wireless pad and the left side of the pad doesn’t even work. Very upset with the quality.

Attachments

• 4C141F7F-715E-4605-A047-E29BED2D8611.jpeg
    4C141F7F-715E-4605-A047-E29BED2D8611.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 105
I bought a jeda hub and it didn’t work well at all. With it plugged in I was only gett 4.6 volts from even the “pass through” port. I am working with customer support to get a refund. Moreover I bought a jeda wireless pad and the left side of the pad doesn’t even work. Very upset with the quality.

I tested ~5.10V on each port on the Taptes, for what it's worth - using the same tester you have.

What were you getting using the left port without the hub?

Just received both the USB hub and the Wireless charger combo bundle. It got to me way quicker than promised and for that I'm happy. The USB hub fits fine, works good. The wireless charger seems to wiggle a bit, but nothing to noticeable. Either way for 65 bucks including shipping for the pair, I cant complain

Yeah much cheaper than my Jeda pair at $180 w/ my $30 discount which includes a space for allowing the cables to still work (not possible on the TapTes configuration.