Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Target to Install 600 Charging Stations at More Than 100 Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Target said this week it has partnered with Tesla, ChargePoint and Electrify America to install more than 600 charging stations at more than 100 stores.

The retailer has already deployed chargers at 18 stores in five states. The full plan will expand the program across 20 states.

Target began investing in electric vehicle charging stations in its parking lots back in 2012 by partnering with ChargePoint. In 2017, Target teamed up with Tesla to pilot its Superchargers and plans to expand the partnership in 2018.

“Accelerating our efforts to install new charging stations at Target stores across the country is one way we’re building on our commitment to investing in solutions that leave our communities better for future families,” said John Leisen, vice president, Property Management at Target. “And it’s an opportunity to work with industry-leading partners to bring a more convenient shopping experience to guests as we look to design lower-carbon solutions throughout our entire operation.”

Last edited by a moderator:
The (2nd) Target in Cupertino seems ideal to me. First the parking lot is huge. Second, except for possibly around Christmas seasons, the whole "back" side of the lot is largely empty and unused. Probably 50+ spots that don't ever (or extremely rarely) get utilized. Good place for a bank of Superchargers that wouldn't likely get ICE'd. And central location not only to Target itself, but several places to eat and do a little shopping. Only "downside" is that it is only a few miles away from the other Target location ("Main St") that already has a Supercharger nearby. But ignoring that, this Target is ideal.

Anyone have updates on the supposed Tesla Supercharger buildout at Target department stores? The Tesla.com Supercharger map has hundreds shown as in process (most coming in 2019), but with the announcement of Electrify America and Target teaming up is this a realignment of allies?
That's from last year, Superchargers have been added at Targets since then, and there's at least one more coming this spring in Alexandria, MN. I don't think anything has changed.

There appears to be one in Alexandria MN under construction and two Permitted in St. Louis Park and Minneapolis. One can use
supercharge.info to see all permitted and construction SC across the US and around the world.

I was under the impression that Target was focusing on Destination Chargers -- Not Super Chargers.

One can use
supercharge.info to see all permitted and construction SC across the US and around the world.
Slight correction, one can use that site to see all permits and construction that people have found and shared/published info about. It's crowdsourced and isn't an official Tesla outlet. So there are always locations which are in permitting or construction but that aren't known yet (outside of Tesla anyway).

Slight correction, one can use that site to see all permits and construction that people have found and shared/published info about. It's crowdsourced and isn't an official Tesla outlet. So there are always locations which are in permitting or construction but that aren't known yet (outside of Tesla anyway).

The site appears more accurate of what is occurring than the "official" Tesla site. The inquiry was where to find information on the installation status of Super Chargers being in Mn. The site will suffice to accurately answer that question. For example, Tesla shows a "potential" Super Charger (of interest to me) in Montgomery, AL. It now shows completion by the end of 2019, before it was by the end of 2018, before that by the end of 2017. Tesla's plans are fluid, albeit official. When the Tesla Official site indicated a future SC in Statesville, NC. supercharge.info showed it under construction in Hickory NC. while Tesla still showed it planned in Statesville. Wallah! The SC wound up in Hickory. I tend to look at both -- Tesla for potential locations and for "close in", I view supercharge.info

The site appears more accurate of what is occurring than the "official" Tesla site. The inquiry was where to find information on the installation status of Super Chargers being in Mn. The site will suffice to accurately answer that question. For example, Tesla shows a "potential" Super Charger (of interest to me) in Montgomery, AL. It now shows completion by the end of 2019, before it was by the end of 2018, before that by the end of 2017. Tesla's plans are fluid, albeit official. When the Tesla Official site indicated a future SC in Statesville, NC. supercharge.info showed it under construction in Hickory NC. while Tesla still showed it planned in Statesville. Wallah! The SC wound up in Hickory. I tend to look at both -- Tesla for potential locations and for "close in", I view supercharge.info
The difference between "This is everything that's happening," and "So far, this is what we know is happening," may seem small but it remains significant. Your original comment was phrased to suggest supercharge.info's map showed the former when it's actually the latter. Hence, the slight correction.

So long as one understands the limitations of the data, SC.info is a way better resource than Tesla's map.

I've wondered where people get this, as I see it frequently. What you are thinking of is the French word "voila". Have you seen the movie V for Vendetta? He has this great speech where he throws out tons of words beginning with the letter V, which begins with voila.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

[carves "V" into poster on wall]

V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

V: [giggles]

V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

I've wondered where people get this, as I see it frequently.
Wallah is also a very common Arabic expression/exclamation that has spread into use by others that means "(I swear) by God", basically used to mean "I swear this is true" or "no lie". I'm not sure this was the intended use by Aljohn vs voila, but if you're seeing it in other places that is the likely usage.

Wallah is also a very common Arabic expression/exclamation that has spread into use by others that means "(I swear) by God", basically used to mean "I swear this is true" or "no lie". I'm not sure this was the intended use by Aljohn vs voila, but if you're seeing it in other places that is the likely usage.
Oh, I had not heard of that--interesting. But yeah, here and other places I usually see it, it's being used like:
"Surprise! Look at this!"