Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit 2023 [The tax credit discussion thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any had success with Tesla updating their IRA Clean Vehicles Credit Report? I have a co-buyer but their name was not included in Form 15400 and I'm getting the run-around when I call into Tesla customer service / Tesla Financing
Only one taxpayer gets the credit, even if two people are on the loan/ title.
Do you need it changed because you not eligible for the credit?

Thanks.

At least I know that I am not imagining things. I am in the same boat from February 2023. Please keep us updated if you hear anything more.
FWIW, I called the Tesla customer service number and the associate said that Tesla is planning to have early buyers send their taxpayer ID through the app. No timeline, just said to watch out for it before the deadline.

I hope those who “haven’t gotten” a form 15400 are looking in their Documents in your Tesla account online. If you’re expecting it in email or snail mail that’s not going to happen.

And it doesn’t matter if you have the form or not, the IRS wouldn’t have any way to know. What’s important is Tesla has reported your qualifying clean vehicle sale to the IRS by Jan 15th - but you won’t get any acknowledgment. And since the IRA changed things again, if there are problems the IRS will probably make accommodations, they’re not out to deny legit credits…

My android phone says the tesla app is 4.28.1-2149. Google says that on 1/3/2024 4.28.2 came out.

How does the android app get updated? I am not good on my phone stuff. In settings / apps I don't see an update button, just uninstall or stop.

If they are going to push an update to collect the SSN I don't want to miss it by not getting the update.

Would they collect the SSN using the phone app, or would they try to do it using the desktop web site application?