Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax incentives/rebates in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually I just emailed the Tesla Toronto store and was told they deduct it from our bill of sale. They apply directly for us. Cool.

Can someone pm me the contact info to email them in Toronto to ask about the Quebec EV Rebate registration for the Model S?

The 2012 is listed as an eligible vehicle (Electric Vehicles – Purchase or Lease Rebate – Eligible Vehicles ) but the 2013 is not and my recently signed MVPA specifically listed the car as a 2013 model. I also want to verify because there is another Quebec resident who states that they have been in contact with the office that manages the rebate program and they have indicated that the car is not registered with them. It would be good to get this cleared up before we start getting our cars delivered because it would be nice to have this handled when the check for full payment is due so that we don't have to all do the paperwork ourselves and wait for the rebate check rather than just give them the amount with the rebate already deducted.

Edit: in case they are listening please ensure that the paperwork listed on Electric vehicles – For Vehicle Manufacturers - New Vehicle Registration Form - Electric Drive Program is done before we get our cars ... pretty please.

Last edited:
Hi, this post is for Reservation holders from Quebec that wants to benefit from the FondsVert $8000 rebate. Sorry if a little long.

I called my contact at MRNF (Mistère des ressources naturelles et de la faune du Québec) to understand how the $8000 provincial subside would work assuming that the first Model Ss will be delivered pretty soon.

I am going to send this info to Tesla Motors in order for them to ease the process for us (in becoming partners). In the mean time, you have to do it yourself. Here's how:

First, you need the web site:

Véhicules électriques - Site du gouvernement du Québec and you need to get the "Demande de participation.pdf" that you will find in the FAQ under "3. Est-ce que je peux bénéficier du rabais si le concessionnaire automobile de ma région n'est pas partenaire du programme? "

MRNF, needs a couple of documents (p.3 of the Demand de participation):

1) Copy of the Sales contract (all pages signed)
2) Proof of service or a copy of the immatriculation signed by you (coming from SAAQ to proof that the vehicule will have a Quebec immatriculation)
3)A properly filled request (Demande de participation - see above)
4) NAVIS (DVN in French: that is a document TM needs to provide to you, needs to be signed by TM but filled to your name.

When you have all four, you mail it to the below address and the process will take in average 4 weeks if 1 to 4 is done properly:

Programme Roulez électrique
Bureau de l’efficacité et de l’innovation énergétiques
Ministère des Ressources naturelles et de la Faune
5700, 4e Avenue Ouest, B-406
Québec (Québec) G1H 6R1

If TM becomes partner like any dealer can, then the only thing that would change is two additional lines on the sales contract, one for the discount and one for the final price after discount. The partners take care of the paper work. That'd be ideal but TM is not a partner as this point so I anticipate we will have to pay full price and then get a reimbursement.

BTW they pay for 50% before taxes of the charger (not the TM HPWC) or 50% of the installation of a plug at home with a max of $1000.

PB

Here is the web site for the rebate program in B.C.: www.cevforbc.ca

Note that Tesla is listed, but currently only for the Roadster. Of course B.C. cleverly did not roll out the program until all the Roadsters were delivered to B.C., so THAT is a moot point.

A have it from a credible Tesla source that they are "very confident" they will have the Model S registered and covered by the time deliveries occur. This program is point-of-sale, and is explicitly pre-tax.

I see that the BC program expires March 31st 2013. I doubt I will have my P353 by then. It will probably be May to July sometime. Does any one know if they are planning to renew the program after March 31st? Or perhaps replace it with a new one? I can't imagine that they wouldn't keep an incentive, but to me, this will make a huge difference.

Here is the web site for the rebate program in B.C.: www.cevforbc.ca

Note that Tesla is listed, but currently only for the Roadster. Of course B.C. cleverly did not roll out the program until all the Roadsters were delivered to B.C., so THAT is a moot point.

A have it from a credible Tesla source that they are "very confident" they will have the Model S registered and covered by the time deliveries occur. This program is point-of-sale, and is explicitly pre-tax.

I contacted CEVforBC and inquired about the expiry of March 31st 2013. They advised that they are heavily petitioning for an extension of the program beyond March 31st, but won't know until a bit into the new year. In the meantime, they suggested that I contact Tesla and have them place an OEM application for my vehicle so that funds can at least be allocated for my order. The only thing with that which is hanging, is how long CEVforBC can hold the funds after the deadline - they don't know if this will be a matter of weeks or months. At least there is hope... :confused:

Hi, this post is for Reservation holders from Quebec that wants to benefit from the FondsVert $8000 rebate. Sorry if a little long.

I called my contact at MRNF (Mistère des ressources naturelles et de la faune du Québec) to understand how the $8000 provincial subside would work assuming that the first Model Ss will be delivered pretty soon.

I am going to send this info to Tesla Motors in order for them to ease the process for us (in becoming partners). In the mean time, you have to do it yourself. Here's how:

First, you need the web site:

Véhicules électriques - Site du gouvernement du Québec and you need to get the "Demande de participation.pdf" that you will find in the FAQ under "3. Est-ce que je peux bénéficier du rabais si le concessionnaire automobile de ma région n'est pas partenaire du programme? "

MRNF, needs a couple of documents (p.3 of the Demand de participation):

1) Copy of the Sales contract (all pages signed)
2) Proof of service or a copy of the immatriculation signed by you (coming from SAAQ to proof that the vehicule will have a Quebec immatriculation)
3)A properly filled request (Demande de participation - see above)
4) NAVIS (DVN in French: that is a document TM needs to provide to you, needs to be signed by TM but filled to your name.

When you have all four, you mail it to the below address and the process will take in average 4 weeks if 1 to 4 is done properly:

Programme Roulez électrique
Bureau de l’efficacité et de l’innovation énergétiques
Ministère des Ressources naturelles et de la Faune
5700, 4e Avenue Ouest, B-406
Québec (Québec) G1H 6R1

If TM becomes partner like any dealer can, then the only thing that would change is two additional lines on the sales contract, one for the discount and one for the final price after discount. The partners take care of the paper work. That'd be ideal but TM is not a partner as this point so I anticipate we will have to pay full price and then get a reimbursement.

BTW they pay for 50% before taxes of the charger (not the TM HPWC) or 50% of the installation of a plug at home with a max of $1000.

PB

Pat (or any other Quebecer),

Do you know if Tesla is now a partner and takes off the $8000 at the time of invoicing/delivery? I thought I read somewhere that they had. I guess we'll find out next week when the P deliveries start...

Pat (or any other Quebecer),

Do you know if Tesla is now a partner and takes off the $8000 at the time of invoicing/delivery? I thought I read somewhere that they had. I guess we'll find out next week when the P deliveries start...

When I got mine on December 21st which was the very first delivery day in Quebec tesla had simply removed the $8000 from the total invoice so had nothing further to do with the rebate issue. Perfect situation. Just one paper to sign at delivery so tesla could send it to the government. I assume nothing has changed so you should be good to go with zero rebate headaches!

When I got mine on December 21st which was the very first delivery day in Quebec tesla had simply removed the $8000 from the total invoice so had nothing further to do with the rebate issue. Perfect situation. Just one paper to sign at delivery so tesla could send it to the government. I assume nothing has changed so you should be good to go with zero rebate headaches!

That's great news, thanks znino! :) I hope you're enjoying your car!

That's great news, thanks znino! :) I hope you're enjoying your car!

They are, got the confirmation first from znino back in December when he got his car but also from the people at Roulez Électrique 2 weeks ago. Charger/electrical installation has to be submitted via the above process though both the charger and NEMA 14-50 installation are not admissible as of yet. I still believe we should all submit our bills so that they accelerate the changes to the program rules. This way we will get retroactive payment. Evey tiny bits counts.