Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus adjustable shock absorbers fitted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed these Endurapro Plus shocks on my 22 MYP. I can confidently say that there is a noticeable improvement in the ride quality compared to stock. The drive feels much smoother. It’s no Lexus, but I’d say the biggest improvement is that the smaller, more constant bumps over road imperfections are now muted. Performance feels the same. I got the installer to trim down the bump stops (cut the middle out), and set the dampers to 10 clicks from full stiff on the Front, and 12 clicks from full stiff in the Rear - Loving these settings so far. They also had no issues moving the stock dust boots onto the new shocks.

For those in the Toronto area, I had mine installed at Shift Electric. Great installers and they know teslas very well.
Sent you a message.

Reactions: Jhom and Jovo
Sent you a message.
Good to hear that the Endurapro Plus improves the MYP. I'm currently waiting on delivery of a set for my 22 MYP. I see that everyone reports that the OEM bumpstops are modified for installation. I'm wondering whether they need to be modified at all? Does the Endurapro Plus have enough dampering in its design to not need any changes to the OEM bumpstop?

Good to hear that the Endurapro Plus improves the MYP. I'm currently waiting on delivery of a set for my 22 MYP. I see that everyone reports that the OEM bumpstops are modified for installation. I'm wondering whether they need to be modified at all? Does the Endurapro Plus have enough dampering in its design to not need any changes to the OEM bumpstop?
These units have hydraulic bump stops built into them, so in theory the OEM bump stops aren’t needed at all. I just had them installed for peace of mind, but at a smaller profile to allow for the shocks to undergo more compression on bigger bumps (if needed).

Just installed these Endurapro Plus shocks on my 22 MYP. I can confidently say that there is a noticeable improvement in the ride quality compared to stock. The drive feels much smoother. It’s no Lexus, but I’d say the biggest improvement is that the smaller, more constant bumps over road imperfections are now muted. Performance feels the same. I got the installer to trim down the bump stops (cut the middle out), and set the dampers to 10 clicks from full stiff on the Front, and 12 clicks from full stiff in the Rear - Loving these settings so far. They also had no issues moving the stock dust boots onto the new shocks.

For those in the Toronto area, I had mine installed at Shift Electric. Great installers and they know teslas very well.

Thank you for the kind words! This was our first experience with this offering from Tein, although we have installed countless coilover kits. I'm very impressed with the ride quality that they create, especially with your 21" wheels. It's definitely a solid contender for folks that want to build some comfort into their Y without biting the budget bullet of a full coilover kit.

These units have hydraulic bump stops built into them, so in theory the OEM bump stops aren’t needed at all. I just had them installed for peace of mind, but at a smaller profile to allow for the shocks to undergo more compression on bigger bumps (if needed).
Thanks for your response. I just received a response from Tein USA about the need to modify the Tesla OEM bumpstop for use on the Endurapro Plus.

"Thank you for inquiring about our product. You don't need to do any
modification to your OEM bump stops being as our damper is the same
size/ stroke as OEM. I hope this information was useful, if you have any
questions feel free to ask us.

Regards,

Sales
TEIN U.S.A. Inc.
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA. 90241
Tel: 562-861-9161
Fax: 562-861-9171
www.tein.com
[email protected]"

So now I'm wondering if shortening the bumpstop has any significant negative effects on the Teins?

@Jovo do you think I will see a noticeable improvement fitting these compared on the '23 MY LR? I still feel even the LR has stiff suspension. I'm looking for the ride comfort. I'm coming from a Subaru Forester.

Where did you order parts from in Toronto?

Any verdict on if the top hat should be trimmed or just use Tesla’s. The email response from Tein seems to suggest to use the full top hat. Thanks
If you end up keeping the full bump stop, would love to hear about your ride experience. I got mine trimmed by the installer, and the ride experience has been excellent so far. If the car rides on bump stops with stock shocks, I’m curious how much better the ride experience can get with Tiens + full bump stops.

ZEVcentric on YouTube also posts tons of great videos about these shocks - they also trim their bumpstops whenever they install these shocks on Tesla Model 3 and Ys in their shop.

@Jovo do you think I will see a noticeable improvement fitting these compared on the '23 MY LR? I still feel even the LR has stiff suspension. I'm looking for the ride comfort. I'm coming from a Subaru Forester.
I can’t speak for LR models, but the difference is very noticeable compared to stock on my MYP. My wife really notices the difference in overall smoothness when she’s in the back seat with my toddler. She doesn’t get nauseous on long drives anymore and experiences less “head jolting” lol.

On another note - after completing the install and taking my car for a test drive, the installer tech commented that these shocks give the same level of comfort as his own Tesla which has MPP coils on it. And given that I’m on 21” Uberturbines and his car is on 19’s, he was quite impressed.

If you’re interested in just comfort without having to pay thousands for coilovers, I highly recommend the Teins.

Has anyone installed the optional EDFC ACTIVE PRO Controller Kit with their shocks? It almost sounds like the kit turns the shocks into something akin to an active suspension.
I don't think it's compatible, possibly due to the limited space between the top of the rear shock absorbers and the body. The Tein catalogue does not have them as being suitable for the EDFC kit.