Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus adjustable shock absorbers fitted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t speak for LR models, but the difference is very noticeable compared to stock on my MYP. My wife really notices the difference in overall smoothness when she’s in the back seat with my toddler. She doesn’t get nauseous on long drives anymore and experiences less “head jolting” lol.

On another note - after completing the install and taking my car for a test drive, the installer tech commented that these shocks give the same level of comfort as his own Tesla which has coils on it. And given that I’m on 21” Uberturbines and his car is on 19’s, he was quite impressed.

If you’re interested in just comfort without having to pay thousands for coilovers, I highly recommend the T
Picked up my Tein Endurapro Plus at Mississauga at JRP online and had them installed at Shift Ev in Oakville.

I'm not certain on the damper setting but I think they were set at recommended setting.
So far, definitely a significant improvement on Ride quality specially the back seat comfort. There is definitely less being toss around.

Reactions: Umar96 and Jovo
Picked up my Tein Endurapro Plus at Mississauga at JRP online and had them installed at Shift Ev in Oakville.

I'm not certain on the damper setting but I think they were set at recommended setting.
So far, definitely a significant improvement on Ride quality specially the back seat comfort. There is definitely less being toss around.
We set your dampers to 10 clicks from full stiff in the front, and 12 in the rear. Also trimmed the bump stops. I believe out Asst. Service Manager also sent an email with this info + alignment specs. Thank you!

Reactions: giomgiom
Received the Teins from @tom @ eas earlier this month. Got the car back yesterday from the shop. Only had about 20 minutes or so to experience the differences. At the moment they are set to 10F/12R.

First impressions are that the ride is smoother. Much less jarring. I plan on a longer drive this weekend with the wife so we can compare impressions. So far so good.

Reactions: tom @ eas
I've now done some longer fast drives set to 10F/10R on familiar motorways where with my previous setting the car felt floaty, and it no longer does. Slower speeds are still fine.

I can feel over certain well-defined bumps (like horizontal joins in the road surface) that the front feels softer than the rear even though they're both set to 10. Not that this is actually a problem, but I think as a next step I'll soften off the rears a bit to get them to match, This will probably lead me to the setting of 10F/12R which others are posting about.

just wanted to add my input. I’ve got a 2023 MYLR with “comfort” suspension. I’ve only changed the rears so far with 12 clicks on the Endurapro and using the stock springs. The ride is 5 times smoother, I’m so glad I did the upgrade. Instead of of installing the dust boot upside down, I decided to install it the in the correct orientation and used a generic hose clamp to secure the bottom to the body, it’s not as dustproof as the OEM cup, but seems like it’ll do the job ok.

Reactions: ajmorr.is and Jovo
just wanted to add my input. I’ve got a 2023 MYLR with “comfort” suspension. I’ve only changed the rears so far with 12 clicks on the Endurapro and using the stock springs. The ride is 5 times smoother, I’m so glad I did the upgrade. Instead of of installing the dust boot upside down, I decided to install it the in the correct orientation and used a generic hose clamp to secure the bottom to the body, it’s not as dustproof as the OEM cup, but seems like it’ll do the job ok.
Good to know. I was considering doing the same on my ‘23 YLR. Did you trim the OEM bump stop or leave as is? I watched a YouTube where he only did the rears also and reported similar results as you.

Good to know. I was considering doing the same on my ‘23 YLR. Did you trim the OEM bump stop or leave as is? I watched a YouTube where he only did the rears also and reported similar results as you.
Yes, I’m only using the top third of the bump stop. I was using the bottom third previously, but I found that the wide top third fits snug to the top of the hat so it keeps the dust boot in place. I ended up wrapping the strut with a weather stripping and squeezed the dust boot around it. It stayed in places as-is, but I added the hose clamp for extra support. Ain’t no dust or water getting in that mamma jamma!

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: ltdan457
I need to find it again but the last video I saw mentioned that the bump stops didn’t need to be cut and it looked like the dust boot was just held by the bump stop.
Without the collar, the boot never compresses, it will just slide up and down the shock and the bottom of the boot is completely exposed to water and dust. After sealing the bottom of the boot with weather stripping and hose clamps, I noticed that compressing the shock by hand caused air pressure to be pushed out of the top hat. I’m assuming that air is coming from inside the boot since I sealed it off. Now I’m wondering if I should remove the circular dust cover that goes on top of the top hat… any input on this?

Without the collar, the boot never compresses, it will just slide up and down the shock and the bottom of the boot is completely exposed to water and dust. After sealing the bottom of the boot with weather stripping and hose clamps, I noticed that compressing the shock by hand caused air pressure to be pushed out of the top hat. I’m assuming that air is coming from inside the boot since I sealed it off. Now I’m wondering if I should remove the circular dust cover that goes on top of the top hat… any input on this?
I didn't bother fitting those rubber bungs to the front, and last time I adjusted the rears I also was seriously considering taking them off there as well as they're fiddly to get off and on, and I doubt they offer much benefit.

If you totally sealed the dust cover to the main body then when you compress it the air inside has to go somewhere.

I recently installed these shocks along with the UP mild lowering springs on a 23 MYLR. It dropped the car exactly 1" front and rear, and made it look perfect in my eyes. A nice even wheel gap all around, and none of the too tall look the stock springs have. Currently its set at 12F+12R, have not had a chance to try any different settings.

Small bump sensitivity is much improved, and overall the car is much less jostling than before, especially on tar snakes and manhole covers. Its a great cruiser now, has more of a normal car feel to it, while remaining sporty when you need it. To have a lowered car that is more comfortable than stock is impressive.

Trying to find an alignment shop willing to work on a tesla is frustrating endeavor.

My mechanic is installing the Tein shocks on my Model Y today and cannot figure out the adjustment settings, as there are no numbers to go by. Which way do you turn the knob for lighter vs harder? If I could get a reply sooner than later that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Rick

Got a reply from Tein support regarding the boot cup/collars that don’t fit:
Good morning, In regards to that lower cup, it is not needed on the endurapro. However you still will want to add the dust boots. Regards, Sales TEIN U.S.A. Inc. 9798 Firestone Blvd. Downey, CA. 90241 Tel: 562-861-9161 Fax: 562-861-9171 www.tein.com [email protected]

Reactions: ltdan457
My mechanic is installing the Tein shocks on my Model Y today and cannot figure out the adjustment settings, as there are no numbers to go by. Which way do you turn the knob for lighter vs harder? If I could get a reply sooner than later that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Rick
Tell your mechanic to set it up as per Tein's instructions. TEIN.co.jp/e: Damping Force Adjustment - FAQ

But they are professionals, and finding this information themselves should not be beyond their capabilities.