Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telegraph article

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the persons whose car it was posted their experience on here

Possibly this one - whole story Sadly the WORST new car buying experience...and I love Teslas or jump to the chase
Yup, was me. As per the tone of my earlier post Tesla continued to be pretty uncooperative, although very nice about being uncooperative.

The best bit they did was put their hands up and admit they had messed up and lied and conveyed this in writing in a very sensible email. For those that can’t get behind the paywall they offered £360 of vouchers for use in the a Tesla store (!!!!) for messing us around and lying plus £200 cash for the extra miles, don’t know if I was being greedy but fell short of what we thought was reasonable.

Apologies to anyone who I may have upset by going “public” but they do need a damn good lesson in customer service and I really hope that in the long run this helps.

The M3 is a great car, we have 2, and will probably always own Tesla’s from now on (if we aren’t blacklisted!!!). The Tesla staff who we have spoken to on this journey have all been really nice, pleasant, intelligent people but as we on here all know there just seems to be something systemically wrong in the customer service approach.

You don’t need to apologise to anyone, well done for highlighting this!

Sadly I think Tesla are in profit mode, every penny counts and they know many of their consumers will purchase as the brand pull is high so we get these sorts of situations.

It’s not a sustainable approach and I suspect we’ll start seeing a shift over the coming years, right now they just don’t have to play the game the same way as the others do.

The compensation offerred does seem somewhat underwhelming considering the crime.
I had a serious issue with Tesla that wasn't being addressed and I went and just sat in West Drayton until a charming chap came down apologised and said he would sort it out. He did. I asked for 1000 miles free supercharging as a goodwill gesture - didn't get it.

• Love
Reactions: stonecoldrmw
The compensation offerred does seem somewhat underwhelming considering the crime.
I had a serious issue with Tesla that wasn't being addressed and I went and just sat in West Drayton until a charming chap came down apologised and said he would sort it out. He did. I asked for 1000 miles free supercharging as a goodwill gesture - didn't get it.

Talking of crime...some of the comments on the telegraph article suggest that there was a crime...that the vehicle had been taken without the owners consent having been paid for in full, and been specifically allocated. Life is definitely too short to be trying that line though!

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
I agree with @ChickenDipper no need to apologise. They need to seriously improve their customer service and hopefully a bit of bad press will help with that.

The wife and I handed our car back on the Thursday before lockdown kicked in as the M3 was due on the Friday. Typically didn’t arrive and we spent the next few weeks without a car as the M3 was stuck in Carlisle. This then meant shopping trips on foot at the beginning of lockdown with huge queues which wasn’t ideal.

They eventually delivered it about 5 weeks late and put in some car mats for my troubles (obviously didn’t make up for the hassle but better than nothing).

Yup, was me. As per the tone of my earlier post Tesla continued to be pretty uncooperative, although very nice about being uncooperative.

The best bit they did was put their hands up and admit they had messed up and lied and conveyed this in writing in a very sensible email. For those that can’t get behind the paywall they offered £360 of vouchers for use in the a Tesla store (!!!!) for messing us around and lying plus £200 cash for the extra miles, don’t know if I was being greedy but fell short of what we thought was reasonable.

Apologies to anyone who I may have upset by going “public” but they do need a damn good lesson in customer service and I really hope that in the long run this helps.

The M3 is a great car, we have 2, and will probably always own Tesla’s from now on (if we aren’t blacklisted!!!). The Tesla staff who we have spoken to on this journey have all been really nice, pleasant, intelligent people but as we on here all know there just seems to be something systemically wrong in the customer service approach.
And is the car OK now you have had it a while? an inventory car with that many miles I would worry it was one that was rejected by someone else for some reason?

And is the car OK now you have had it a while? an inventory car with that many miles I would worry it was one that was rejected by someone else for some reason?
The car is absolutely perfect. Other than the bungling idiots failing to do the basics like a factory reset (I genuinely couldn’t believe they didn’t do that) and the miles on the clock the car is/was literally like new...I scoured the paint work to see if there were any scratches/dinks...none at all...the white seats were immaculate...had they just delivered exactly what was advertised quickly would have been over the moon.

As a testament to the car it has since been down to Cornwall for 2 weeks, with 1 adult, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 3 body boards, 1 set of golf clubs, 2 weeks worth of food, sleeping bags and bed mats for 2 and clothes for 2 weeks. It has tardis like abilities...and after a good hoover and clean on the return it’s still like new(ish!)

I just don't understand how the culture and governance of the company allows this sort of sh1t to happen. I mean, to sell (and take the cash) on a £46k car and then let someone else use it for a month and add 1000 miles to it, all while telling blatant lies to the purchaser is just incredible really. It's a massive breach of trust and a clear breach on contract. One day they'll have proper competition and this sort of amateur "Arthur Daly" crap will kill them.

I couldn't read the Telegraph article (pay wall), but I could read the comments. The Daily Mail has competition!

Reactions: NewbieT