Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible time to buy M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to know what you went with, please share if you can 🙂
Sure. Bear in mind this is a second car to replace our gasser, not a replacement for our MYP (which we love).

I thought about a few options, mainly considering a PHEV/hybrid of some sort (M3 was a later thought). After a visit to Audi I quite fancied something of theirs - I remembered just how nice those interiors and driving experiences are, plus to me they're just darn nice looking vehicles. It's totally subjective but I like em!

I drove a Q5, a Q4 and a Q5e. I liked the Q4 drive the most but exterior is questionable and the interior is just cheap and nasty - not Audi-grade to me - I genuinely wonder if they tried to "keep EVs weird" to avoid cannibalizing gasser sales? How hard would it have been to draw from the Q5 parts bin instead of creating all kinds of new plasticy, piano-black weird controls and surfaces?

Anyway, I ended up picking up a Q5e today, drove home for hours and love it - it's an interesting combo of EV/hybrid/gasser and I love the traditional-Audi comfort and driving experience. It's different from a Tesla - not better or worse overall, they're just different in various areas and suit different needs and preferences.

Not the time to buy any tesla inCanada. They have opened one SC in the last 6 months. Something is not right.
Well....:
"Tesla SC expansion:
2024 Updates
June 18, 2024 – Whistler, BC under construction
June 10, 2024 – McBride, BC now open
April 19, 2024 – Mississauga, ON under construction
April 11, 2024 – Richmond, BC under construction
April 8, 2024 – Langley, BC under construction
April 8, 2024 – Abbotsford, BC under construction
March 30, 2024 – Mississauga, ON now open
March 28, 2024 – Miramichi, NB now open
March 19, 2024 – Manning Park, BC now open
March 11, 2024 – Vaughan, ON under construction
March 11, 2024 – Brampton, ON under construction
March 1, 2024 – Sainte Marie, QC now open
February 28, 2024 – Mission, BC now open
February 26, 2024 – Clearwater, BC now open
February 26, 2024 – Valemount, BC now open
February 21, 2024 – Delta, BC under construction
February 12, 2024 – Niagara Falls, ON under construction
January 29, 2024 – Brockville, ON under construction
January 18, 2024 – North Vancouver, BC under construction

January 2, 2024 – Manning Park, BC under construction"
( Canadian Supercharger Map )

OTOH, they're also adding DCFCs like gangbusters here in BC. Abbotsford now has about 30 DCFC posts when a year ago, we had about 10 plus a 12 stall SC station. There is another 8 stall SC station slated to go in and they added a 12 stall SC station across the river a few months back plus 6 more DCFC stalls. I'd still recommend a Tesla vs other brand EVs because of their prices and efficiency, but I'd suggest becoming familiar with a CCS1->Tesla adapter to take advantage of the rapidly expanding CCS1 DCFC networks.

• Informative
Reactions: Technokrat