Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla added QuickSilver to the S/X order page last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah while I’m not a fan of the turn signals, the yoke was the deal breaker for me. Tried multiple drives with yoked cars, and just hated it for anything outside of highway use. I never would have bought my S if a wheel wasn’t an option. I’ve also retrofitted the mechanical horn which certainly makes it better to use too.
Another great example of a solution looking for a problem that didn't exist at the expense of functionality of a safety-related mechanism in a machine capable of serious injury or worse if distractions are introduced. Same as moving the horn from the center of the steering wheel to a capacitive button. How'd that work out?

"Yeah but it's sooo kewl tho!" -some Tesla fanboi

All of these stupid ideas are slowly unraveling. The negative impact to Tesla's image among general car consumers is everlasting though, unfortunately. As someone who would like to see Tesla succeed (which will take buy-in from the general consumer) I wish they'd stop focusing resources on this extra curricular BS.

So, back on topic... that Quicksilver color is pretty cool. Not sure why they chose to call it a different name on the S/X though. Is it the same color? I assume so but maybe not since they called it by a different name.

I thought this thread was about Quicksilver? Get so tired of the yoke and no stalks talk. Let’s get back to Quicksilver please. 🙂
I wish it was quicksilver. Lunar silver doesn't appear to be the same. I'm getting another model S at the end of this year. I've always gotten gray, but I'm not a fan of stealth gray.

I stitched two renderings together from Telsa's order page. I realize they are not photos, but they are apples to apples. From this, I definitely prefer quicksilver, but I'll have to see lunar silver in person.

tesla silvers.png

I wish it was quicksilver. Lunar silver doesn't appear to be the same. I'm getting another model S at the end of this year. I've always gotten gray, but I'm not a fan of stealth gray.

I stitched two renderings together from Telsa's order page. I realize they are not photos, but they are apples to apples. From this, I definitely prefer quicksilver, but I'll have to see lunar silver in person.

View attachment 1053533
In the stock photos, lunar silver looks awfully close to the silver on my 2017 Model S P100D. Maybe just a shade darker if anything. That's not necessarily a bad thing as I really liked the silver color (Alpine Silver I think) when they discontinued it in 2017. Obviously I picked one of them up so that's saying something. That said, if it's that close to the current silver that I have on my 2017 Model S now I would probably just get ultra Red to have a new color.

You get used to no stalks. No stalks allows for intelligent blinkers. I still prefer stalks. If it bothers you too much you can retrofit stalks.
What exactly are you guys disagreeing with? There is indeed a retrofit of what looks like OEM stalks, which are Mercedes by the way, available for $500. I’ve been enjoying your crusade for dictating what Tesla should sell….

What exactly are you guys disagreeing with? There is indeed a retrofit of what looks like OEM stalks, which are Mercedes by the way, available for $500. I’ve been enjoying your crusade for dictating what Tesla should sell….
The Teslaunch retrofits are 3/Y stalks, not the previous S/X Mercedes stalks. But they work great and I am glad ot have them. Two years into my MXP and I still hated the lack of stalks.