Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit [mudflaps/ppf] - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"When we first heard of the new “All-Weather Protection Kit,” we contacted Tesla about the new program and asked if they plan to make the kit available to other markets with tough winters, like the northeastern United States, but the automaker never responded."

LOL

I've already fitted the base or mud guards and they are simple to install. The back ones for really well, the front ones not so much, as they are a bit loose on the top part due to the fixing not being the best.
If we get offered the kit free I'll swap out the front ones and will be very happy.

Here's a couple of pics of what I've got at the moment.

IMG_20200101_121629.jpg IMG_20200101_121638.jpg

I've already fitted the base or mud guards and they are simple to install. The back ones for really well, the front ones not so much, as they are a bit loose on the top part due to the fixing not being the best.
If we get offered the kit free I'll swap out the front ones and will be very happy.

Here's a couple of pics of what I've got at the moment.

View attachment 497669 View attachment 497670

I've got a set sitting in a box in my garage right now - have you noticed them making a meaningful difference in the amount of dirt up the side?

I've got a set sitting in a box in my garage right now - have you noticed them making a meaningful difference in the amount of dirt up the side?

I've not had the car long enough to say either way, I would go with what Vanilla says. The main reason I put them on was to try and protect the paintwork on the lower sill.

I bet they haven’t spent any time in the far north ‍♂️

I'm sure you are right.

When Tesla changed the service requirements for the S/X and included a bit about cleaning and greasing the brakes every year in 'cold weather' areas I queried if I needed to do this and they stated then that the UK did not require this service element.

They really don't seem to have a clue about the range of weather conditions we get in the UK ...

Reactions: Blueskye and ringi
They pretty much stop the big bits but not so much of the finer dirt.

Just out of curiosity, does Performance spoiler make much difference to the amount of dirt that accumulates on the rear?

Mine certainly gets a lot of muck on the rear - while the sides can still be clean.

Whether that's worse than a non-P M3 I don't know! LR/SR+ owners, how dirty does your rear end get?