Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit [mudflaps/ppf] - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at my local SC today attempting a repair to my lost LTE connectivity. I mentioned that I hadn't heard from Tesla about this offer and have been told that it only applies to pre 2020 cars which had a different paint configuration. That doesn't seem correct because the latest Q3/4 deliveries now have front mud guards & I also notice that the slightest chip always shows grey primer on my car.

If this is so then those of us taking delivery in Q1/Q2 unfortunately have a lower spec than either before (no auto dim mirrors, frunk mat & hooks) or after (no wireless charging, USB C.....Heat Pump, range, powered boot etc).

Not much of an issue to me as driving experience/software updates are what make the car special but this inconsistency is nevertheless irritating.

I'm at my local SC today attempting a repair to my lost LTE connectivity. I mentioned that I hadn't heard from Tesla about this offer and have been told that it only applies to pre 2020 cars which had a different paint configuration. That doesn't seem correct because the latest Q3/4 deliveries now have front mud guards & I also notice that the slightest chip always shows grey primer on my car.

If this is so then those of us taking delivery in Q1/Q2 unfortunately have a lower spec than either before (no auto dim mirrors, frunk mat & hooks) or after (no wireless charging, USB C.....Heat Pump, range, powered boot etc).

Not much of an issue to me as driving experience/software updates are what make the car special but this inconsistency is nevertheless irritating.

Doesn't sound right, mine is a March 2020 car and I had the email and have ordered the kit. My colleague at work who also has a March 20 car has also been contacted.

Reactions: DaminGJ

I received my car late Feb 2020 and it has the auto dim wing and interior mirrors but none of the others. I purchased the frunk hooks which are very useful for stinky takeaways.

Received the PPF last week as I had purchased mud flaps before receiving the car. Paint seems great at the mo if a bit thin considering how much the red cost.

on getting them out of the box just now, my thought was, what extension? Just fitting the shorter pieces seems like it would have no effect whatsoever. Maybe I need to wait for daylight and hold them up against the car, but on their own they look teeny.

Got the following email from Tesla this morning:

“As your delivery was after April 2nd 2020, mud flaps in the UK should have been fitted to all cars already. If you did not receive yours on delivery, please reach out to your local service center on [email protected] requesting these.”

Pretty sure I don’t have mudflaps!

Had an email on the 8th December saying I should claim my free kit. Claimed it and it arrived today. It's just two mudguards. Never had a problem with paint, but I have the white so probably not noticeable. Will try them but surely they'll effect the range on long trips?

Just got an email with my discount code here in Ireland today. €54 credit zeroing out the cost of the kit.

I included the asterisk at the end and it still worked.

I got the offer and I can't get it to work for love nor money. Called the dealership in Sandyford and they told me to speak to '[email protected]'. And when I try and contact them I get this...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 9.52.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 9.52.43 PM.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 77
Just received delivery of the mud flaps. Here's what you get if anyone is interested?

20201217_162924.jpg

Not sure what to make of them vs the BougeRV ones that I currently have.

The material feels better quality, odd that only the fronts are supplied, I guess the rear plastic bumper isn't going to corrode though.

Without the extensions they don't cover a large area, with the extensions I can see them scraping on speed bumps.

If anyone wants these and can collect from the KY area then they're yours.