Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit [mudflaps/ppf] - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not particularly complicated. As mentioned earlier you'll need a 10mm socket to get the front skirt bolt out and probably a flat head screwdriver to get the original push clips out.

Actually a little impressed with them considering they were a free addition, went with fitting the splash guard as well in the hope of that little added protection but decided to cut just short of an inch from the bottom (good pair of scissors on the rubber or tin snips lol) as they were very much touching the floor otherwise and would have scraped on everything.

Got mine and fitted (complete with splash guard) to my M3P. As everyone else has said, the flaps are too long and scrape on every speedbump, slight slope and on any corner taken faster than 15mph. I think they'll get shorter pretty quickly but not sure I would have bothered fitting them if I'd realised the poor design....

I cracked & lost part of my nearside front aftermarket mudflap on a speedbump so at the weekend decided that I'd use one of the Tesla ones in its place. A useful freebie, or so I thought.....

On removing the old one, cleaning the area & starting to install the little Tesla stump I decided that it protruded so little that it would offer minimal protection so temporarily re-fitted the broken part (as it has done an excellent job over 6500 miles & will buy another kit).

...useless freebie.

Last edited:
I cracked & lost part of my nearside front aftermarket mudflap on a speedbump so at the weekend decided that I'd use one of the Tesla ones in its place.

A useful freebie, or so I thought.....

On removing the old one, cleaning the area & starting to install the little Tesla stump I decided that it protruded so little that it would offer minimal protection so temporarily re-fitted the broken part (as it has done an excellent job over 6500 miles & will buy another kit).

...useless freebie.

Weren't your Tesla versions supplied with the extension pieces? People have been saying they are, if anything, too long so have recommended trimming them.

I cracked & lost part of my nearside front aftermarket mudflap on a speedbump so at the weekend decided that I'd use one of the Tesla ones in its place. A useful freebie, or so I thought.....

...useless freebie.
What make were the 3rd party mud flaps you originally had?

It was these https://amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WH6PZYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (currently unavailable but others are similar). ABS is pretty tough but I made the mistake of driving over a very high speedbump with the car heavily laden on the way to the tip.
They look identical to the BougeRV ones (also unavailable):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BougeRV-Splash-Guards-Installation-Components/dp/B07XNY6X57

I have a spare set in the shed that I was sent when I asked for some additional push rivets. If you think they are the same, let me know which corner you need and I can send it on to you.