Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can only think that it's again a legacy thing of planned obsolescence or they are just unable to do so due to the disconnection between the hardware and software or a disconnection across departments. Seems a bit narrow minded but I suppose if most people are financing these things short term than this must be the market they are looking at 🤷‍♂️
Legacy Model S and X say hi 👋

Yesterday Tesla valued my trade in at £24,400 on writing. I ordered a new car within minutes of the valuation.

My final PCP payment on the old car is £23,100

Now today my Tesla app shows my trade-in value to be £22,165 - lower than the PCP balloon payment.

Tesla told me over the phone yesterday that my trade-in is valued for 30 days.

What a way to piss off your customers.
Yet you lap it up

So, new Tacan is out. Great bit of kit imho albeit still cant tow I would of thought hence the Macan would be my choice (on the surface and not digging in deep).

I wonder, being that the previous version hasn't been out that long, I wonder how much of the new software features have carried over to the previous model (if any) 🤔

Yes. Removes one of my 4 issues with it - range. That leaves the software, combined with the Tesla eco system, which perhaps I could live with. But even the Turismo is short of the interior space that I need, the MS being our family / utility car. I cannot believe how small the Taycan is inside, for such a large car.

The Macan is out - not interested in crossovers. Besides that body shape will mean it won’t have the range.

Reactions: Js1977
I am waiting for my replacement to the Model 3 to arrive (Volvo XC40 recharge). The dealer tells me its left the factory, but its absolute chaos at the moment trying to get any vehicles moved from factory to ports to dealerships. Apparently Chinese EVs manufacturers have shipped shed loads of vehicles to European ports without booking any onward transportation and sales have been lower than expected, which means ports are all clogged up so the usually flow of new vehicles is not flowing... Could there be a some good deals on Chinese EVs soon?

I am waiting for my replacement to the Model 3 to arrive (Volvo XC40 recharge). The dealer tells me its left the factory, but its absolute chaos at the moment trying to get any vehicles moved from factory to ports to dealerships. Apparently Chinese EVs manufacturers have shipped shed loads of vehicles to European ports without booking any onward transportation and sales have been lower than expected, which means ports are all clogged up so the usually flow of new vehicles is not flowing... Could there be a some good deals on Chinese EVs soon?
Most EV's are already at 0% APR, the market is extremely slow at the moment.

Yes. Removes one of my 4 issues with it - range. That leaves the software, combined with the Tesla eco system, which perhaps I could live with. But even the Turismo is short of the interior space that I need, the MS being our family / utility car. I cannot believe how small the Taycan is inside, for such a large car.

The Macan is out - not interested in crossovers. Besides that body shape will mean it won’t have the range.

Yes I get what you mean. Model s P100D was my first choice but I was a bit deterred by the size, older hardware and the fact it didn't have door bins really bugged me. The taycan turismo was a good contender but dismissed along the same lines as your thoughts plus cannot tow and imo is to expensive for the performance on offer. Model 3 LR would of been ideal for the money but it doesn't have enough tow payload and no hatch (absolutely fine for the Mrs though). Model Y is still a bit bigger than what I wanted, I mitigated the performance buy adding the acceleration boos and it does make use of its size yet it really lets me down on its turning circle.

As far as I can recall the turning circle of of the "old" model 3 is the same as the model Y, I'll have to borrow the mrs car again as to double check but apparently the highland now has a much better turning circle (maybe someone will comment on this)

As far as I can recall the turning circle of of the "old" model 3 is the same as the model Y, I'll have to borrow the mrs car again as to double check but apparently the highland now has a much better turning circle (maybe someone will comment on this)
This doesn't come up enough and I'd not really noticed this fully until I took my wife's Model 3 Performance into a multi-storey car park and had to really swing out and then turn with full lock to make it up and down the ramps. For a car of its size, in that carpark it could barely do it and I've had cars that are bigger and longer that had less issues. It's extremely poor the turning circle and hoping the Highland is noticeably better but not checked the stats on it.

Reactions: Js1977
People doubted me when I said this, but it's true.
Full context of what you said:

"the lack of stalks and questionable parking sensors are so much worse that it means it’s objectively a worse car than the previous model."

It was pointed out to you those are subjective rather than objective. And they have nothing to do with a marginally worse turning radius, either.

Reactions: Js1977 and KennethS
Deary me indeed, now get back on topic.

Some UK based EX30 content. Doesn't come out on top vs the Kona, which is not a good sign.

Not watched this but my brother has a Kona. Pre-heatpump model so drives around sometimes with a thick coat on and his kids in cryostasis in the back to save on range but outside of the heating take a bit of a chunk out of the range, it's remarkably efficient. It certainly uses less energy than our Model 3 Performance does and probably not far off a Model 3 Long Range. For the price, a very good car I think.

I should watch this video though but just to say that one doesn't get mentioned much but for a lower priced EV is a really solid pick.

• Funny
Reactions: HaggisMan
Yes, now the same a MS, but better than Y or X. But don’t feel too bad. My McLaren is 12.5 m. Has to do with the complexity of suspension which gives amazing precision and turn in (the Mac not the M3 :))
You can probably forgive it in a McLaren as you probably aren't taking it into a multi-storey or for a shop down at Lidi where it might be a bit tight to park ;)

Not watched this but my brother has a Kona. Pre-heatpump model so drives around sometimes with a thick coat on and his kids in cryostasis in the back to save on range but outside of the heating take a bit of a chunk out of the range, it's remarkably efficient. It certainly uses less energy than our Model 3 Performance does and probably not far off a Model 3 Long Range. For the price, a very good car I think.

I should watch this video though but just to say that one doesn't get mentioned much but for a lower priced EV is a really solid pick.
Test drove the Kona with/for the Mrs - we were impressed with it. Would defo consider it if the need arises 👍

Reactions: FastLaneJB