Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looked amazing inside. Apart from the crazy ‘cute’ digital assistant on the dashboard. That was odd
We know what's under all those digital assistants though:

Attachments

• microsoft-clippy.jpg
    microsoft-clippy.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 26
Not sure I quite understand what all the fuss is about with the lack of rear view window. Have none of you ever driven a van? It takes about 10 minutes of driving to get used to it. Even the M3 has a virtually useless rear window view. Trying to see anything out of it while reversing is pointless, hence the camera.
Perhaps the DPD vans aren't hogging the chargers - they just can't back out of the space :)

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel and Kvitravn
I was in one of these as an Uber in Olso a couple of weeks ago. Looked amazing inside. Apart from the crazy ‘cute’ digital assistant on the dashboard. That was odd

View attachment 1014619
Anecdotally I find it interesting that those who have had a couple of Tesla’s are now moving away from them.

Even as a serial Audi owner I was pleasantly surprised by the interior and perceived quality of the ET7. The thought struck me that it felt more like an electric A6/A7 than the etron GT does. NOMI (the cute assistant) is downright creepy IMHO - luckily it's an additional cost option.

But also, their stock has completely tanked and they've laid off staff recently. Perhaps not the most comforting start to a long term financial relationship in this price class...

Reactions: UrbanSplash
Because suction cups are flawless and they never, ever fall off 🙄

It’s wild that instead of things improving, we’re discussing having to buy 3rd party stalks and rear view mirrors. It’s all going backwards instead of forwards.
Cmon man, that's really reaching. What's going to happen if the mirror falls off the windscreen? Is the baby wearing a bomb jacket that is in the process of being disarmed?

Not sure I quite understand what all the fuss is about with the lack of rear view window. Have none of you ever driven a van? It takes about 10 minutes of driving to get used to it. Even the M3 has a virtually useless rear window view. Trying to see anything out of it while reversing is pointless, hence the camera.
Do you usually put small children in the back of your van?

Cmon man, that's really reaching. What's going to happen if the mirror falls off the windscreen? Is the baby wearing a bomb jacket that is in the process of being disarmed?
Not really. It's an inconvenience having to stop and get it reattached, especially if you're on the motorway and there isn't a service station for miles.

If it's not a problem for you or you don't have kids, then great, jog on. Just keep your fingers crossed the software is good and the camera feed doesn't freeze.

Even as a serial Audi owner I was pleasantly surprised by the interior and perceived quality of the ET7. The thought struck me that it felt more like an electric A6/A7 than the etron GT does. NOMI (the cute assistant) is downright creepy IMHO - luckily it's an additional cost option.

But also, their stock has completely tanked and they've laid off staff recently. Perhaps not the most comforting start to a long term financial relationship in this price class...
It looks like Polestar aren't in healthy shape either since Volvo pulled the plug on supporting them Volvo breaks links with Polestar. Yes I know Geely owns the majority of Volvo and hence Polestar, but I'm not really sure how the brand fits with Volvo, Lotus, Zeekr (Geely's luxury brand) and Lynx & Co. I'm not even sure Polestar know as when speaking to one of the marketing people last year he described Polestar as the sporting brand to compete with Porsche, but surely that's Lotus? None of this would put me off getting one but as I said earlier in the thread I'd want to drive one first.

It looks like Polestar aren't in healthy shape either since Volvo pulled the plug on supporting them Volvo breaks links with Polestar. Yes I know Geely owns the majority of Volvo and hence Polestar, but I'm not really sure how the brand fits with Volvo, Lotus, Zeekr (Geely's luxury brand) and Lynx & Co. I'm not even sure Polestar know as when speaking to one of the marketing people last year he described Polestar as the sporting brand to compete with Porsche, but surely that's Lotus? None of this would put me off getting one but as I said earlier in the thread I'd want to drive one first.

I guess there are two ways to see the Polestar - Volvo relationship.

Polestar was a stroke of genius by Volvo. As a company with no experience with EVs and also operating in a very conservative and safety addicted customer segment, launching the "disposable" brand Polestar allowed Volvo to build what they though was the optimal EV product and target a much younger and more tech friendly customer base. If the cars turned out to be no good, it would not affect Volvo. If they turned out to be good (which IMHO they did) Volvo gained prestige and a new more technologically advanced profile. All the new tech and platforms developed and piloted by Polestar were transferred to Volvo including everythign learned. Volvo risks nothing and can now build proven EVs designed to fit their desired market segment.

The other way is that perhaps the idea was that Polestar would be a pure EV brand and if it succeeded, it would replace Volvo as ICE cars were phased out. Don't think that was the plan, but if the new Plestars had hit the zeitgeist as dead on as the Polestar 2 did when it arrived, that could have happened. As it turns out it seems like Polestar 4 isn't that product.

In my opinion, Volvo creating Polestar is perhaps the best solution to the innovators dilemma by any well established car maker.

Imagine if BMW had done the same, and let the team behind the i3 and i8 off the leash and into a different brand. Imagine if that team had kept the self confidence and brute force engineering briliance that led to the absolutely marvelous for it's time 2013 original i3 design. Imagine where they'd been today if they were building 3rd or 4th generation high tech, carbon chassis driver oriented EVS in stead of half-assing some battery driveline into ICE cars. BMW failed and as a result they are stuck desperately trying to glam up the i5 or that iX monstrosity.

Yet their EV sales are doing pretty well. If this is what failure looks like then I can’t wait to see what success looks like

Well, if your ambition is "growth" then by all means. Not sure if you are trolling, friend :) Perhaps success might look like the most sold car on the planet, while making a healthy profit on each unit?

Am I missing something here?

I don't know, the Polestar 4 is launched and sales are pretty unremarkable here in Norway at least. What are they like on your end?