Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As excellent as the Tesla is for pre-heating, do you not find it’s kinda superficially at the correct temperature when the app suggests it’s got there?

If I have the time, I tend to wait another couple of mins or so for the whole cabin to feel warm.

I don't like that Lotus. I'm excited for the VW Scricco:
1708805673594.png

As excellent as the Tesla is for pre-heating, do you not find it’s kinda superficially at the correct temperature when the app suggests it’s got there?

If I have the time, I tend to wait another couple of mins or so for the whole cabin to feel warm.
I guess I've never quite noticed. I can often flick it on just 2 mins before I get in as putting shoes on, waiting for wife and even though it's not finished it makes a nice difference.

I can quite happily sit in the Tesla at 19 to 19.5C and that's very comfortable for me. Lotus at 21C is noticeably colder as I think shown by the fact it's not really 21C. I think it's been mentioned that Chinese cars all seem to be colder at a set temp than European and American cars.

If only we had a universal measure of temperature we could use like C and F. You could then set something to that temp and you'd feel the same regardless of which brand you sit in...

Tesla temperature reading seems to be all over the place. I suspect wherever the thermostat is isn't representative of what the driver experiences.. Sunlight especially can heat the cabin such that the AC doesn't notice and tries to heat it still further.

Reactions: browellm
Tesla temperature reading seems to be all over the place. I suspect wherever the thermostat is isn't representative of what the driver experiences.. Sunlight especially can heat the cabin such that the AC doesn't notice and tries to heat it still further.
I think most cars cannot get this perfect. I think my point more was how long does it take to heat up in the first place.

On early Model 3’s, the interior sensor is highly influenced by airflow from the heater. This significantly skews the cabin warmup time.

Turn the heater off and see how quickly the cabin cools down. The car either has gawdawful thermal insulation or the reported cabin temperature is too high when heater is blowing. My money is on the latter.

Not sure the value of this "test". Most owners report that their Tesla heats up to a comfortable level rapidly. This sensor test does not represent the real world comfort provided by the Tesla HVAC system. Even the original resistance heaters worked quickly, but were replaced by the Heat Pumps for efficiency reasons.

On early Model 3’s, the interior sensor is highly influenced by airflow from the heater. This significantly skews the cabin warmup time.

Turn the heater off and see how quickly the cabin cools down. The car either has gawdawful thermal insulation or the reported cabin temperature is too high when heater is blowing. My money is on the latter.
Yeah I don't think the insulation is bad, it's got good isolation from the outside world for the most part. The rattle from the suspension on some roads withstanding...

I actually think it's faulty as seems pretty much impossible this should be right.