Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla and Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is about time for Tesla to treat us like adults and allow us to add apps such as Pandora and Spotify and Slacker to our vehicles which supposedly run on the Android platform.

I just spent gobs of money on a vehicle. How dare they limit my ability to use an android computer, Especially because they chose android years ago stating it would allow us to utilize applications!

I think it is about time for Tesla to treat us like adults and allow us to add apps such as Pandora and Spotify and Slacker to our vehicles which supposedly run on the Android platform.

I just spent gobs of money on a vehicle. How dare they limit my ability to use an android computer, Especially because they chose android years ago stating it would allow us to utilize applications!

Said no other owner of any other car on the planet. Ever.

They do not use android in Model S/X, I think you might be confusing it with Linux.

Reactions: zmarty and boaterva
Said no other owner of any other car on the planet. Ever.

Sorry, but you are wrong. What is the sense of having an APP area in the preferences if I cannot add apps?

And given that there are NO vehicles like the Tesla Model X with a 23 inch center console, how could any other car owners make this statement? [ unless they own an aftermarket radio system that ABSOLUTELY allows the addition of apps like Pandora.]

Reactions: CarbonFree

I'm inclined to think this is something they're blocked on until the linux kernel gets updated. That's why the browser is so ancient.
IIRC, the current kernel was written by Barney Rubble.

We just got our MX yesterday. After reading thru the threads I thought we will not get Spotify on the car display in the US version, but it works great on the Phone tab under Music. Song covers, name, artists all displayed on the screen with touchscreen control to skip and pause and play. Don't really need the app as the phone one works way better. :D