Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App - Charge Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All - not sure if anyone can help

I took delivery of my M3P yesterday and app was all activated within about 4 hours - the only tab that is not there is the Charge Stats?

The Car is on a lease - does anyone have one on a lease and have the car stats section as have read that this is only available to the registered keeper?

My car is leased and not showing charge stats either so logged a call with Tesla yesterday who are looking into it. I also noticed that there aren't any Supercharging sessions showing in the car even though I have used SC 3-4 times so not sure if this is all linked.

I'll update once I hear back from Tesla as so far we have ran some checks over the phone and then I was emailed asking for a screenshot of the app.

Hi All - not sure if anyone can help

I took delivery of my M3P yesterday and app was all activated within about 4 hours - the only tab that is not there is the Charge Stats?

The Car is on a lease - does anyone have one on a lease and have the car stats section as have read that this is only available to the registered keeper?
Lease cars do not get those stats as the registered keepers are the finance company or leasing dealers.

Reactions: boombap
My car is leased and not showing charge stats either so logged a call with Tesla yesterday who are looking into it. I also noticed that there aren't any Supercharging sessions showing in the car even though I have used SC 3-4 times so not sure if this is all linked.

I'll update once I hear back from Tesla as so far we have ran some checks over the phone and then I was emailed asking for a screenshot of the app.
Ok that sounds positive - I’ll do the same, although I’ll take free supercharging over the stats any time 😉

I’ve used supercharger twice and same, not been charged

Have you got the premium connectivity?

Ok that sounds positive - I’ll do the same, although I’ll take free supercharging over the stats any time 😉

I’ve used supercharger twice and same, not been charged

Have you got the premium connectivity?

No way - result :)

I only got SC free the first time I used it as at that time the car still wasn't showing in my app. I've been charged every time I've used it since though. If yours is still free then use it as much as you can lol

Yeah got premium connectivity but not sure if its the 30 day trial...

No way - result :)

I only got SC free the first time I used it as at that time the car still wasn't showing in my app. I've been charged every time I've used it since though. If yours is still free then use it as much as you can lol

Yeah got premium connectivity but not sure if its the 30 day trial...
Lease cars have premium connectivity till the end of their lease, I think it is bundled in the lease price but the terms will say anything premium or upgrade has to be paid separately.

How did you get on with emailing Tesla?

There is a problem and some owners can't get the stats. I was told a couple of months back that they were aware of it and nothing has changed.
It's a pity this hasn't been sorted out for everyone ... so important to keep up the pressure ... however, it's not life changing and to be perfectly honest if I wanted accurate reliable information I wouldn't be relying on this. You're missing out, yes, but you're missing out on a "wee extra" rather than a core benefit so not worth losing much sleep over IMO.

It's a pity this hasn't been sorted out for everyone ... so important to keep up the pressure ... however, it's not life changing and to be perfectly honest if I wanted accurate reliable information I wouldn't be relying on this. You're missing out, yes, but you're missing out on a "wee extra" rather than a core benefit so not worth losing much sleep over IMO.
I'm not loosing any sleep over it :)

Reactions: Adopado
How did you get on with emailing Tesla?
Sorry, totally forgot to update.

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. The Charging Stats will not show currently as the vehicle is a leased vehicle. The Charging Stats are currently only showing for the primary account holder which in this case is the leasing company. I can advise that this is something we are looking to change so that all customers can view this for their cars but currently I can not give any indication as to when this will be.

Kind regards,

Tom
Tesla Support, EMEA

Considering that the charge stats share the same tariff data as my Powerwalls and PV array in the Tesla app, as yet, home charging assumes that daytime charging is at peak rate rather than solar or via Powerwall. It makes a mockery of the costs.
it probably works fine for anyone whose source is grid or SuC only but it’s yet more unfinished business to me.

Don't know if there's any new news on this. But I had the charge stats at one point and appreciated having them. They have since vanished and stayed such. I even updated the app and the page is nowhere to be found. And yes, own mine outright, since day one.

I don't know why Tesla would withhold this information since it helps one to appreciate the total costs of ownership. Especially with gas prices so high right now.