Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Hacked???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Today an odd thing occurred. I always leave my Model 3 set for maximum 80% charge. Parked in my locked garage last evening and plugged in. Today I get in and it's charged to 100%. I didn't do it. Then as I start to drive it starts navigating (I have auto navigate elected off) to a Super Charger station in Burbank, CA I had never been to nor ever selected to drive there.

I logged out of my app and beefed up the password. I'm hoping I was not hacked but if I was, nothing was done before I changed passwords. My miles credits are still there and no charges from Tesla on the account.

I'm running software 2020.20.12. it's been installed and OK fr several days.

My wife has access to the account but has been out of state and not using the app at all.

Has anyone ever had this happen?

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
Sometimes it will overcharge after a firmware update (another reason to reboot after every update). The navigate could be as simple as a click on the app or screen, only takes one tap. If your wife didn’t do it, hard to say. But it’s one tap and can’t be cancelled.

Best answer is use a password manager and an excellent password. I’ve never had a problem either with a 24 random character password (copy and paste).