Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Is Draining My Iphone!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else seeing this? Started a few weeks ago....
IMG_0824 3.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg

This is from yesterday where I drove the car once on a 10 mile round trip. Total time in the car - about 20 min. My phone battery went from 100% charge taken off the charger at 11am and it was at 40% at 8pm when I took the above images.

I have tried setting location services to "While Using" and "Always" with no change. I have deleted/reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone, unpaired/repaired phone as a key.

This is on an iPhone XS. I've had the car since Jan, and have always only used phone-as-key - I've never had to open the car with the card except to make sure it worked at delivery. This started a few weeks ago (maybe with the last update to the iOS app?)

Same as the car, have you rebooted the phone? We run the app all the time in the background and my iPhone XS Max shows 3% use.

So, definitely something different here...I’d reboot and see if that helps. Phones can get out of whack also!
Ha should have been more clear... I meant I rebooted the phone. This drain happens regardless of the proximity to the car. For example. I was on travel to the East Coast this past week. Made no difference.

Mine is showing 18% for the last 24 hours which does seem high. I’m on iOS 12.4 beta. Any chance you’re also on a beta version of iOS?

nope 12.3.1.

The reason I noticed was that up until a few weeks ago, I would make it the whole day and my phone would be at ~65% state of charge when I put it on the nightstand at bedtime. Now, it frequently dies on me before bedtime. And the battery health is 100%.

nope 12.3.1.

The reason I noticed was that up until a few weeks ago, I would make it the whole day and my phone would be at ~65% state of charge when I put it on the nightstand at bedtime. Now, it frequently dies on me before bedtime. And the battery health is 100%.
Something is wrong with your phone or app. I don't even get that high usage % for Instagram. What is your top % usage for other apps?

Is anyone else seeing this? Started a few weeks ago....
View attachment 421886
View attachment 421892

This is from yesterday where I drove the car once on a 10 mile round trip. Total time in the car - about 20 min. My phone battery went from 100% charge taken off the charger at 11am and it was at 40% at 8pm when I took the above images.

I have tried setting location services to "While Using" and "Always" with no change. I have deleted/reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone, unpaired/repaired phone as a key.

This is on an iPhone XS. I've had the car since Jan, and have always only used phone-as-key - I've never had to open the car with the card except to make sure it worked at delivery. This started a few weeks ago (maybe with the last update to the iOS app?)
yup, seeing about the same percentage on iPhone 8+. So I rarely use the app now and when I do, I unload it immediately after I see what I want.