TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla App issues on Chromebook/Pixelbook

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by JPWhite, Nov 3, 2018.

1. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

Has anyone else tried the Tesla App on their Chromebook or Pixelbook?

I got it installed and authenticated however the app does not resize to the desktop size well and much of the app information is 'off screen'

I'd love to be able access my car using my pixelbook, maybe even pair it as a key. ANyone managed to make th ap work properly on a Pixelbook?

2. SageBrush

SageBrush 2020: Drain the Sewer

No luck here. I get a black screen with two while lines.

• Like x 1
  3. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

The two white lines are the email and password prompts. I typed ''blind' into them and it did login. But still messed up when you do get in.

• Informative x 2
  4. Pueo

Pueo Member

File as a bug report and or comment in the app store perhaps?

5. SageBrush

Android apps on a chromebook are a hit or miss affair and not clearly app related.

6. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

Despite the fact the app is pretty much unusable on the chromebook, once you have authenticated the notifications to the app drawer work just fine!!

Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 18.56.58.png

• Informative x 1
  7. Droschke

Droschke Active Member

I sent an email to Tesla (followed the link in Google Play Store) and asked for the Chromebook support. It would be great if they optimize the app to run as an android app on Chromebooks, especially for those who spend lots of time on their computers.

• Like x 2
  8. UBQP

UBQP Member

The Tesla App worked for me when I folded the Samsung Chromebook to portrait tablet mode. It did not work when in normal mode.

• Helpful x 1
  9. SageBrush

#9 SageBrush, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    It worked for me too this way, with an ACER chromebook ! Thanks !!

I reinstalled the app and received 3.7. I'm looking forward to 3.8 so that I can pre-heat just the seats.

Addendum: Now that I have signed on in tablet mode, I can open the app in notebook mode. It almost works -- but the scale is off and I cannot scroll. Soooo close.

10. apsen

apsen Member

This is the problem on the phones too if you have changed accessibility settings to large fonts.

11. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

You sir/madam are brilliant. Put my Chromebook in portrait tablet mode and it works like a champ. It is very responsive as well.
    Problem solved!!
    Thanks again!!