Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla app on Apple Watch [not available - third party options only]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I downloaded the Tesla Remote app for that reason, formally known as Remote S. Despite everything I’ve read, whenever I connected to my account my car will not go to sleep. Just logged out this morning after a relatively sleepless three days for my car, and it finally started going to sleep like it should.

I might have to check into the stats app. Vampire drain adds up over time, making a $10 app cost a heck of a lot more.

Stats does not add any vampire drain, either to the car to to the iPhone. And I have several devices with Stats on them, and so have friends of mine.

Reactions: TomB985
That setting in the latest version is why I logged in and started using it again. Seems to work great for the first couple of days, then the car developed insomnia.

Disable the app and it was like I gave my car an Ambien. She’s now sleeping whenever she sits for more than 20 minutes like usual.
You can contact the developer here in the Tesla forum. He responds pretty quick and might be able to help you out so you don’t have to spend money on another app. Worth a shot.
Remote for Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone & iPad official support and feature request thread (formerly known as Remote S) | Tesla

Reactions: TomB985
Not that this is worth much but the Tesla rep at my vehicle orientation claimed that an app for the Apple Watch was coming this year.

I would believe that. It’s not that difficult to add an extension to the existing application to provide similar functionality on the Apple Watch. If they could enable either Bluetooth or NFC to unlock the car that would be a great feature and I’m sure it would get a lot of attention in the media.

I have both Stats, costly, and EV Watch, $1. I don't use them, they're on there for emergencies, as they're quite slow, seeing as they need an internet connection. Just remember, you need a watch with a cell connection, if you want to use it away from wifi.

I would believe that. It’s not that difficult to add an extension to the existing application to provide similar functionality on the Apple Watch. If they could enable either Bluetooth or NFC to unlock the car that would be a great feature and I’m sure it would get a lot of attention in the media.

That’s what I thought, should be possible and they should work on making it happen

If it’s nfc I wouldn’t like/ use the feature to much if I had to get my watch and swipe it near the door pillar every time i wanted to get in/ drive the car
Would be good as a back up option but for everyday use for me not that practical

I've been using an app on my iPhone and Apple Watch called AutoMate. I've been very impressed with it's functionality and flexibility. It has a bunch of options for setting up personalized complications and options. It is free to try and then costs .99/yr to subscribe to unlimited connectivity, and I feel likes that's a good value to support the creator and have great connectivity. I haven't had any problems with it keeping my car from sleeping. The creator has regular updates and new features. I love using it on my Apple Watch.

Reactions: KenC
If it’s nfc I wouldn’t like/ use the feature to much if I had to get my watch and swipe it near the door pillar every time i wanted to get in/ drive the car
Would be good as a back up option but for everyday use for me not that practical

Why? Wouldn’t you be wearing your watch and entering from the driver’s side anyway? You would only need to do this if you did not have your phone with you.

Reactions: liuping
I've been using an app on my iPhone and Apple Watch called AutoMate. I've been very impressed with it's functionality and flexibility. It has a bunch of options for setting up personalized complications and options. It is free to try and then costs .99/yr to subscribe to unlimited connectivity, and I feel likes that's a good value to support the creator and have great connectivity. I haven't had any problems with it keeping my car from sleeping. The creator has regular updates and new features. I love using it on my Apple Watch.
Thanks! For a dollar a year, that's a very useful app. I like the data section, it shows both SOC API figs. So, Stats and EV Watch and this app, Automate, all show the SOC api, but the car itself and the Tesla app show "usable" SOC api. Nice to see both apis in the data section. And, they give a couple more decimal places on the range fig. I've always wanted the tenths.

Reactions: AC2DC
Why? Wouldn’t you be wearing your watch and entering from the driver’s side anyway? You would only need to do this if you did not have your phone with you.

that’s true, I just want it to be seamless like my phone so if I wanted to just use my watch with cellular I could easily without having to bring it up to the pillar to lock/unlock and start the car or for those quicker trips that I can leave my phone are home