Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App visuals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently I have a Tesla M3, a Tesla Wall Connector, 22 non-Tesla PV panels, and a Powerwall 2. On the Tesla App I get 3 separate screens - one of the car, swipe left to see the Home (TVs and Powerwall) and swipe left again to see the car and the garage with Wall Connector. I have attached these visuals. However I've also seen visuals taken from the App which combines the second (Home) and third (Wall Connector) screens. How do I get my app to show this?

Attachments

• charge-on-solar-typical-operation.jpg
    charge-on-solar-typical-operation.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2237.PNG
    IMG_2237.PNG
    442.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2238.PNG
    IMG_2238.PNG
    680 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2239.PNG
    IMG_2239.PNG
    689.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_7274.PNG
    IMG_7274.PNG
    980 KB · Views: 129
I have Tesla solar panels, a tesla vehicle, and I've just added my Wall Connector to the app (which prompted to create a new site). I too have to swipe from car, solar, wall connector. Maybe you do have to have a powerwall 2+ for the WC to be added to that view?

However I've also seen visuals taken from the App which combines the second (Home) and third (Wall Connector) screens. How do I get my app to show this?

The combined view is the Charge on Solar view, you'd have to have the feature enabled to see the view. This page has details about the availability of the feature:

Note this part:
Charge on Solar is available to customers who own a Powerwall and a Tesla vehicle in the U.S. and Canada. We are working to make Charge on Solar available in more countries soon.

Last edited:
Okay, just got all 5 of my WC's into my app. It does not let me change the names, all called My Home, but.

Now I just need to see if my wife has access to all. She did not have one GW, so might be time to call Tesla support.

The combined view is the Charge on Solar view, you'd have to have the feature enabled to see the view. This page has details about the availability of the feature:

Note this part:
Ah that makes sense. Here in the UK we do not have Drive on Solar yet so that’s why I am now using Charge HQ, which as far as I can see, does a similar job. So now I can let the app decide when to use excess solar to charge my car by adjusting the amperage. A great app for those of us without Drive on Solar in our regions.
Thanks for clarifying about the Tesla App visuals.

I currently have Tesla solar and just installed the wall connector. I’ve seen pictures on where the solar and wall connector are displayed together on the same page through the app(picture). Right now I am having to swipe back and forth between the two. View attachment 976614
Confirmed by a support rep today and see post #4 above that you have to have a Powerwall for this view to show. They probably should have noted that on the website where they talk about single view. It's not obvious.

Confirmed by a support rep today and see post #4 above that you have to have a Powerwall for this view to show. They probably should have noted that on the website where they talk about single view. It's not obvious.
I have the opposite problem. I have the single view but still want the separate HPWC screen.

I have a Model 3, a Powerwall Plus, and a HPWC. When I first got the Powerwall Plus setup, I still had three pages: the car page, the powerwall page, and the HPWC page. Now that I enabled Charge on Solar, I have two pages. That's great when I'm using the Powerwall, but now I can no longer access the HPWC configuration page -- the page where you can see the charge history and modify settings of the Wall Connector. How do I get that page back?

I tried re-adding the HPWC as a product in the app, but each time it just says it's already registered.

And for folks with 2 Wall Connectors, a new house diagram with a 2 Tesla garage!

Now, they just need to support showing my 3 Wall Connectors!

View attachment 1000007

Does this combined view automatically appear after enabling Charge on Solar?

In my situation, I had the page showing my two Wall Connectors. Then, I just got Tesla Solar and Powerwall 3 installed and commissioned today. But, I still have my home split into 2 pages: 1 with the Wall Connectors and 1 with the Solar / Powerwall view. I'd like to combine them. Hoping it combines when I enable Charge on Solar?

Does this combined view automatically appear after enabling Charge on Solar?

In my situation, I had the page showing my two Wall Connectors. Then, I just got Tesla Solar and Powerwall 3 installed and commissioned today. But, I still have my home split into 2 pages: 1 with the Wall Connectors and 1 with the Solar / Powerwall view. I'd like to combine them. Hoping it combines when I enable Charge on Solar?
The combined view appeared automatically. I don’t recall if there was any need to pair the wall connectors with the Powerwalls.

Somehow Tesla needs to know that the Powerwall and Wall Connectors are at the same house.

You can try messing with the settings. The Powerwall Settings page has a WiFi menu where I can see the Wall Connectors along with the Powerwall. There are instructions to hold the button on the cable for 5 seconds and then press the Connect button.

It was definitely before I was eligible for Charge on Solar because I had 1st Gen Teslas at the time.

I currently have Tesla solar and just installed the wall connector. I’ve seen pictures on where the solar and wall connector are displayed together on the same page through the app(picture). Right now I am having to swipe back and forth between the two. View attachment 976614
I'm amazed that your roof is still charging at 9:41pm... I'm assuming that is 9:41pm as you generated 91.5kWh today, that would be amazing for 9:41am.

The combined view appeared automatically. I don’t recall if there was any need to pair the wall connectors with the Powerwalls.

Somehow Tesla needs to know that the Powerwall and Wall Connectors are at the same house.

You can try messing with the settings. The Powerwall Settings page has a WiFi menu where I can see the Wall Connectors along with the Powerwall. There are instructions to hold the button on the cable for 5 seconds and then press the Connect button.

It was definitely before I was eligible for Charge on Solar because I had 1st Gen Teslas at the time.
Hmm, I'm wondering if it's how my solar system was added. During the commissioning process, the Tesla Energy guy that was commissioning my Powerwall was doing it via his phone (via the Tesla One app). At one point, his app showed a QR code and he said I could scan it to add the Powerwall / Solar system but it wasn't necessary because it will be added to my account when he finishes the step by step process in the app. So, I didn't scan the code and after a few minutes, my solar / powerwall system appeared in my account...as a 2nd 'Home'.

It seems like the only way to get these Homes merged is to contact Tesla support...ugh.

If anyone else has gotten 2 homes merged, please chime in with how you got it done :)

Ok, I solved it! Here's how to merge two "homes" (or "sites" as Tesla refers to them). I had to initiate a chat support with the Wall Connector team. The support person then removed my 2 wall connectors from their site. Then, I went through the Add Product flow to re-add them (by scanning each WC's QR code). When doing this, it gives me the option to add them to my existing Home (the one with solar / powerwall).

After doing this, my Home shows solar and wall connectors / garages in one graphic.

Hope this helps others!

Ok, I solved it! Here's how to merge two "homes" (or "sites" as Tesla refers to them). I had to initiate a chat support with the Wall Connector team. The support person then removed my 2 wall connectors from their site. Then, I went through the Add Product flow to re-add them (by scanning each WC's QR code). When doing this, it gives me the option to add them to my existing Home (the one with solar / powerwall).

After doing this, my Home shows solar and wall connectors / garages in one graphic.

Hope this helps others!
When you do this, do you not lose the ability to manage the wall connector separately? There's are some menus on that separate connector page I used to have that would let me change HPWC settings like Wifi or power sharing.