Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla AutoPilot 45 minute commute made easy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See 4:44
It's strange that Autopilot doesn't show the cars that are next to you. It's only marked on the lane very late, when he already passed you a lot.
The cars shown on the autopilot display are detected by the front facing camera. Hence they don't show up until they are well in front of the car. Cars beside the Tesla are detected with sonar and displayed as yellow or red arcs.

Ricco: How did you record both the front view and also the dashboard which you very conveinently show it as in a inset ?

This is exactly how I would like to install my dashcam but the installer is clueless as to how to do that.

Would appreciate if you could share.

thank you

Hope you are keeping your hands near the steering wheel and paying strict attention to the road, as autopilot will malfunction! If you aren't paying attention its a matter of time before you hit somebody. I would have hit this truck this morning if I hadn't grabbed the wheel. This is the second time my car has almost rammed a truck while autopilot was in control. The first was a few months ago and Tesla never gave me any response when I sent them the dashcam video of that one. I'll be sending this one in today. We'll see if they have any response this time.

Ricco: How did you record both the front view and also the dashboard which you very conveinently show it as in a inset ?

This is exactly how I would like to install my dashcam but the installer is clueless as to how to do that.

Would appreciate if you could share.

thank you

I actually just used two gopros. One on the pano (notice the shaking?), and one right in front of the dash behind the steering wheel. You can see it in the video if you look closely.

Hope you are keeping your hands near the steering wheel and paying strict attention to the road, as autopilot will malfunction! If you aren't paying attention its a matter of time before you hit somebody. I would have hit this truck this morning if I hadn't grabbed the wheel. This is the second time my car has almost rammed a truck while autopilot was in control. The first was a few months ago and Tesla never gave me any response when I sent them the dashcam video of that one. I'll be sending this one in today. We'll see if they have any response this time.

Yes I normally do when there are cars close by on either side of the lanes. But usually hands free when there are no cars around. Can never be too careful.