Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"TESLA" Badging for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now we have appliques for the model X and S, nothing for the 3. Any Model 3 owner wish to say what they
are will to pay for a lighted rear appliqué. A light rear "T" should be out soon, that's our soon not Tesla's soon.

I am willing to pay $80 for "dual motor" badge in the original font.
I do not want the red line underneath as I don't have the performance model only AWD.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180924-032908_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180924-032908_Chrome.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 139
Thanks for the pics, not sure if Im going to go with the black TESLA lettering on the back or not, but its great to see it in these pics. I dipped my chrome but there were a few imperfections that annoyed me so I took it off, easy process either way. I'm planning on waiting for Kenriko's chrome delete kit to give that a shot next.

@plasmo Abstract Ocean sells a ‘kit’ for $35 that has the badging, fishing line, plastic razor, plus goo-gone & finishing polish in little spray bottles.

It was pretty low difficulty and easy enough to follow AO’s video. The most time-consuming part is getting the T badge off, and that was only because of the scraping time to get the adhesive off the paint with the plastic razor.

Also, there’s a slight curve in the trunk, so working the fishing line under required finding a good entry point. I found coming in from the sharp points and working toward the middle made the removal a bit easier. Removing the top bar above the T might be a good first step (that I didn’t do LOL).

Yes, borrowed my wife’s $10 blow dryer and it worked just fine to soften the tape.

As the video suggests, if you work the fishing line back and forth in longer strokes, it glides through the softened adhesive more easily, and if you can keep the fishing line as far behind the badge as you can (ie. as close to the trunk surface), then you’ll be removing a bigger chunk of adhesive, so less time in the goo-gone stage.

That sounds like a lot, but it took me less than an hour, and I’m not a handy guy!

• Helpful
Reactions: plasmo
I just got our red M3 , what do you guys thing about how it looks, to have the TESLA emblem UNDER the T ?
My wife likes the T, and I kinda like the Emblem slightly better , so how about both together?

Like in this photo I found on AO's site (and a comparison photo) ?

Too bad the lighting is not the same as it would have been a better comparison

2018-09-02_15-53-00__51409.1535923264.png

Chrome_performance_logo_on_red__80697.1529085536.jpg

I just got our red M3 , what do you guys thing about how it looks, to have the TESLA emblem UNDER the T ?
My wife likes the T, and I kinda like the Emblem slightly better , so how about both together?

Like in this photo I found on AO's site (and a comparison photo) ?

Too bad the lighting is not the same as it would have been a better comparison

2018-09-02_15-53-00__51409.1535923264.png

Chrome_performance_logo_on_red__80697.1529085536.jpg

I prefer not having any lettering, but of the choices presented, I like it better with the Tesla logo.

The Model S and X have lighted appliques. Can I get some feed back on a lighted appliqué for the Mode 3.
What kind of interest is out there for a lighted applique. It would work the same way as the S and X.
Scroll right and left with turn signals, Red, running lights and full on with Stop. Reverse will turn the letters White.

The Model S and X have lighted appliques. Can I get some feed back on a lighted appliqué for the Mode 3.
What kind of interest is out there for a lighted applique. It would work the same way as the S and X.
Scroll right and left with turn signals, Red, running lights and full on with Stop. Reverse will turn the letters White.

I would be interested to see how it would look on a M3 ,
I see some photos, but is there a video I could watch, to see the demo of what it can do ?

Jurgen, I'm struggling to picture how this would work without an existing applique to replace. Would it just be a body colored strip that goes where the folks are placing TESLA?

My thinking is to have an applique close to what is out there for the Model 3 now. Instead of having a chrome type appliqué
that is currently on the Model A and X, the applique for the Model 3 would have to be a heavy film with the letters attach so that
the spacing between letters can be greater. I'm also thinking of having just red letters just on or off. At this point feed back
and comments would be appreciated.

My thinking is to have an applique close to what is out there for the Model 3 now. Instead of having a chrome type appliqué
that is currently on the Model A and X, the applique for the Model 3 would have to be a heavy film with the letters attach so that
the spacing between letters can be greater. I'm also thinking of having just red letters just on or off. At this point feed back
and comments would be appreciated.
Got it. So like this but lighted. I always thought these strips and the lettering were too small compared to the S/X but haven't seen one in person. I agree something simple like on/off is sufficient.
chrome-trunk-trim5_grande.jpg

I am coming to the 3 from an S. I personally really like the clean and unique look of having no words on the back, neither model name or car brand. I have a P3D and am holding off on getting the Dual Motor badge applied just for that reason.

I think the clean look goes with the whole vibe of the car from inside to out. I can't think of any other car from the factory that does that.

Reactions: Mark Z