Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Audi has said the R8 BEV is a special order vehicle that will be priced at the top of the range.

And the R8 V10+ starts at $173.5k. Europe wide, North America wide nor Eastern China wide fast charging network included. Or available.

We are looking at a ~$200k BEV here.

How much cheaper is a Q7 BEV gonna be if it has the same battery pack?

Audi has been talking about the r8 for like 7 years now. It's never getting made. Every word spoken about it is a waste of everyone's time. Forget about it until it's actually on the roads. Until then ignore their bs. Audi is full of it.

We are doomed :)wink:) Audi is developing a Model X killer!

Tesla Model X Competitor Confirmed By Audi: Sleek Electric SUV May Beat It On Range - Yahoo Autos

you would think that some journalist would have an intern look back over the last 5 years and summarize all the Audi electric vehicle claims. "Out in about 2017...." Really? I know Volkswagon has almost as much cash as Apple, but there is no prototype developed, Audi currently has no battery technology to scale, no manufacturing and will still need to go through a reluctant dealership system to "market" the car. I wish it were true, but I sense a Mirai-like production goal of 4-5,000 cars by 2020.

...at 55mph.

Actually, it's worse than that since the NEDC Combined test cycle has an average speed of 33.6km/h or 21 mph. The average speed for the Japanese JC08 cycle is 24.4 km/h or 15 mph. To be fair, these cycles have a number of start and stops - the Model S fares particularly poorly as a heavy vehicle on tests with a lot of start/stops.

The different driving cycles - Car Engineer

Nissan in the UK, for example, presents Leaf range this way: Range - Nissan Leaf car battery autonomy - electric cars Nissan
Note the 38 mph speed for 124 mile range.

At The Mercedes-Benz F 015 Luxury in Motion. Mercedes claims the car is a "hybrid" and can run on batteries or on electricity produced by fuel cells. That would be a foolish decision. The interior is innovative though I think a wood floor in a car that is supposed to be so advanced looks ridiculous.

Come on Daimler, stop wasting money on concept cars that will never go into production and instead build a real EV competitor to the Model S!

The interior is innovative though I think a wood floor in a car that is supposed to be so advanced looks ridiculous.

Back when Mayback was a separate brand and wanted the Rolls Royce reputation for bespoke cars a friend of mine asked they if they could do a heated cobblestone floor like his bathroom. That was the funniest think I had heard in a good long while. Mayback said no of course.

I'm very happy to laud non-Tesla autos when they deserve it. But if not....

So...for me....that Mercedes looks like one of those CreatureFeature monsters whose jaws open up to reveal a zillion slavering teeth. Yecch!