Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: Can you send us a picture of the license plate on the loaner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the service center provided me with a loaner, I had to sign a form that had all the loaner details on it as well as a depiction of its current condition (dings, rim rash, scratches, etc). Did they not have you sign that?

Either way, nobody should be contacting customers for non-emergency activities in the middle of the night, WTF indeed.

When the service center provided me with a loaner, I had to sign a form that had all the loaner details on it as well as a depiction of its current condition (dings, rim rash, scratches, etc). Did they not have you sign that?

Either way, nobody should be contacting customers for non-emergency activities in the middle of the night, WTF indeed.

The backstory is the Tesla loaner they gave me nearly a month ago, yes - car is still in service, was dirty (toothpicks on the floorboard, food crumbs all over the seats and floorboards, etc), had a crack in the windshield, mirror skull cap partially torn off, and tags that expired over 4 months ago.

I sent emails to legal@, press@, support@ for a few weeks telling them the issues I was having with my service experiences unrelated to the loaner but signed them something along the lines of 'the guy driving around in a dirty, damaged, and non street legal tesla loaner (tags expired 4 months ago)'

Evidently they didn't care about the body of my umpteen emails but did perk up on the expired tags part because after having the loaner for several weeks they swapped it out for one that was actually vacuumed and had a valid registration. The text I got last night, a week from getting the loaner swapped out, referenced a 'plate audit' they are doing.

Still don't know why they are sending that out after 11 and why they don't already know the info on their own cars.

Your experience doesn't surprise me. I once returned the keys of a loaner directly to the Enterprise rep. who gave it to me. As I was leaving, I saw her giving the car to another service customer. She then called a few hours later because she couldn't find the keys. :confused:

• Informative
Reactions: super20g
The backstory is the Tesla loaner they gave me nearly a month ago, yes - car is still in service, was dirty (toothpicks on the floorboard, food crumbs all over the seats and floorboards, etc), had a crack in the windshield, mirror skull cap partially torn off, and tags that expired over 4 months ago.

I sent emails to legal@, press@, support@ for a few weeks telling them the issues I was having with my service experiences unrelated to the loaner but signed them something along the lines of 'the guy driving around in a dirty, damaged, and non street legal tesla loaner (tags expired 4 months ago)'

Evidently they didn't care about the body of my umpteen emails but did perk up on the expired tags part because after having the loaner for several weeks they swapped it out for one that was actually vacuumed and had a valid registration. The text I got last night, a week from getting the loaner swapped out, referenced a 'plate audit' they are doing.

Still don't know why they are sending that out after 11 and why they don't already know the info on their own cars.
My last service loaner (S) also had expired tags. Plus the usual - Filthy storage/cupholder, used Starbucks breakfast pastry bag, curbed wheels, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and super20g
I had a Tesla model S loaner for a few weeks, back in November. They asked me for the plate number...twice.
Tesla Service said:
Good Morning! Tesla Service is conducting a license plate audit to ensure all plates and insurance are up to date. Please reply to this text with the license plate of the courtesy vehicle you are currently in. (Enterprise or Tesla Loaner) If this doesn't apply, thank you for your time. We appreciate your prompt response to this text. Thank You.

• Funny
Reactions: Ulmo
Do Not Disturb....USE it. Have iOS but image Android has it too.

No way to be bothered with DND on. Have not had a text or phone call (other than from personal contacts) after bed time in YEARS.

Last edited:
Reactions: redan
Well that's better then calling. Someone might be working late and figure you'll see it in the morning when you wake up. Or, they could have submitted everything into a system and it send out the text messages and for whatever reason (update, etc) the system didn't send it out until that time. No big deal, them calling at that time would have been odd. Or a text message half an hour later asking why you hadn't been able to do it yet...

Reactions: BluestarE3
My last service loaner (S) also had expired tags. Plus the usual - Filthy storage/cupholder, used Starbucks breakfast pastry bag, curbed wheels, etc.
God, what is up with all the curbed wheels (and old model s loaners). I have had over a dozen loaners and I don't think I have ever not had a curbed wheel. Almost always all 4. Sometimes missing chunks and looking dangerous as hell.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gordon87
Do Not Disturb....USE it. Have iOS but image Android has it too.

No way to be bothered with DND on. Have not had a text or phone call (other than from personal contacts) after bed time in YEARS.

I am on call this week and need SMS opened up. Would have been nice if they emailed me... or called/txt during normal hours! I have an 8 week old at home. Need every bit of sleep I can get!