Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla changed unlimited supercharging to 6 mo. free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MX delivered on 9/28 through self-referral and got unlimited free supercharging. However, it now shows on my account that I only have 6 months! Is anyone else also seeing this? I will contact the customer service tomorrow to find out what's going on. But I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this also.

This is what I see from my account page.

Supercharging
You have six months of free Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner. Also, up to five friends you refer will also receive six months of free Supercharging. Any Supercharging payments made have been automatically refunded. Read our Supercharging terms.

• Informative
Reactions: Davetp
When did you order it?
What does your spec sheet say?

The lifetime supercharging was for orders placed through the end of Sept I believe . Then it went to $100 credit Oct 1 through ~Oct 20. Then it switched to the current 6-mo free supercharging.

Like you said, sounds like a call is in order.

I got mine on 9/28. I joined the mad end of Q3 rush so that I could get lifetime supercharging. I also noticed that my 1st referral bonus showed up as Launching Photo into Space in my loot box when it should be the wall connector. Wall connector was what was on the referral site when I got mine delivered. But when you go look at the site now, both wall charger and lifetime free supercharging show up as ending on 9/18.

I will call them tomorrow.

I called the customer service. Confirmed no unlimited lifetime supercharging for me. The rep told me that I was supposed to have 400 kWh annual credit. But my account shows 6 mo free. Maybe the rep couldn't really tell what exactly I had.

Note that I was promised unlimited lifetime supercharging because I was buying an inventory car before the end of Q3. The rep told me to contact my sales rep who could then initiate correction. The rep said if I was told that I would get unlimited lifetime free supercharging, Tesla would honor it. Just need to go through the right channel to get it setup. I sent a message to my sales rep.

I ordered on Sept. 18th, and was told at the time that it was the absolute last day to order a Model X and still receive unlimited supercharging (which was originally supposed to end on the 16th but was extended by an Elon Musk tweet due to some technical issues preventing people from ordering).

I have since seen a bunch of people who were clearly told something else, expecting that any MX delivery by the end of September would still qualify. I seem to remember the model 3 Performance having a different timeline from the S & X. I wonder if some reps were confusing the two.

Switched to inventory vehicle on 9/18. Confirmed with rep after switch "You will still have free supercharging for the Model X." Emailed my sales rep on Friday morning and this morning. No response at all. Ordered on 9/16. Will give this a few days to sort itself out otherwise how should I escalate?

Ugh...I was just thinking this with regards to CPO vehicles. Like, what is to keep Tesla from doing the same for those, or worse people that bought theirs through a private seller or regular dealership? They could simply end-date them and spin it as "hey, you got it free for X amount of time, nothing lasts forever".

Just checked on the website and it's showing unlimited supercharging again. My sales advisor did get back to me a few days ago and said they were looking into it. Not sure they fixed this for everyone affected or on a case by case basis so log in and check.