Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla changed unlimited supercharging to 6 mo. free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got an email today from the store manager. He initially said that the program I was signed up for was the 6 months of free supercharging.

I told him that I was told unlimited, and I explained that while I put a deposit down on a custom Model X I actually ended up going with an inventory model.

They had extended it to inventory models up until 9/30/18.....I picked up my MX75D at 10pm on the 30th:)

In any case he confirmed that I have unlimited supercharging.

Just FYI, for my Model 3 I have 6 month unlimited super charging, however online it also shows “free unlimited supercharging” without any date attached to it. It remains to be seen if these are 6-months versions or lifetime.

I got my MX delivered on 9/28 through self-referral and got unlimited free supercharging. However, it now shows on my account that I only have 6 months! Is anyone else also seeing this? I will contact the customer service tomorrow to find out what's going on. But I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this also.

This is what I see from my account page.

Supercharging
You have six months of free Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner. Also, up to five friends you refer will also receive six months of free Supercharging. Any Supercharging payments made have been automatically refunded. Read our Supercharging terms.

where do you see that in your account? which page?

thanks

Still, same thing for me, I've got mine on 9/26 inventory car via self referral.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 5.59.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 5.59.20 PM.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Helpful
Reactions: Davetp
I ordered an inventory model MX with 800 miles on it on 10/27 and picked it up on 11/1. My spec sheet indicated I have charging included. My Tesla.com profile also showed I have free life lifetime supercharging.

It changed to 6 months couple of weeks ago. I understand based on the promotion going on at the time for referral, I did not qualify for free lifetime. But I do have screenshots from spec sheet as well as online profile.

Is it worth pursuing to ask if they convert me to lifetime? Who should I ask?