Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla confirms recently updating Model S/X media computer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my OA:

"We recently introduced some minor changes to the onboard displays in Model S and Model X currently being built at the factory.

It does not appear that your new Model X has the Intel MCU. Your vehicle was built prior to the minor hardware change. The good news is these changes do not dramatically affect the user interface or overall experience, and are unrelated to Autopilot."

Well, darn. I've got some thinking to do. Right now, I'm leaning toward considering the $2500 the cost of upgrade and cancelling and reordering.

Vin: 913xx
EAP/PUP
Prod start: 2/27

From my OA:

"We recently introduced some minor changes to the onboard displays in Model S and Model X currently being built at the factory.

It does not appear that your new Model X has the Intel MCU. Your vehicle was built prior to the minor hardware change. The good news is these changes do not dramatically affect the user interface or overall experience, and are unrelated to Autopilot."

Well, darn. I've got some thinking to do. Right now, I'm leaning toward considering the $2500 the cost of upgrade and cancelling and reordering.

Vin: 913xx
EAP/PUP
Prod start: 2/27

based upon the youtube videos, it does not seem to be a "minor" hardware change. I mean unless Tesla can you show you in person the differences are minor then I'd take the $2500 hit and upgrade because the MCU is something you will be using everyday and is the core of the car.