Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cross-Country Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you stop and think for a moment there are 4 vehicles. Each vehicle needs 3-4 drivers to be driving non stop safely. There is a film crew along. There could be a coordinator/ logistics person. I would not be surprised if there is a service tech, tools, and a couple of spare tires in one of the vans. There are quite a few people on the trip.

By calling around, I was told the Tesla team drank coffee and left Lusk WY about 4 hours ago. We estimate they will be in Murdo, SD about 5 PM central time. There was some confusion as to location of the chargers in Rapid city so we called WY. I hope to see them at Worthington about 8 or 9 PM. I hope to get a call from Murdo SD when they arrive to get a better time...Ron at J&R Housing.

I couldn't find it but is there a list of stations they will hit and approximate date/times? I couldn't tell form the map if they were hitting the Newark DE station before NY.

I don't think that there is such a list. I assume that they will stop at DE, just because that will allow them to charge less and ride the bottom of the pack at their prior stop, but I obviously don't know.

A bigger question for me is whether they are coming through Bethesda. My gut says no, since it would add a bunch of distance and Hagerstown to Newark is easily doable, but I keep wondering why they would have gone to the trouble of putting in a temporary Supercharger in Bethesda if they weren't going to use it for something.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they are running on fw6 and testing out a lot of software features for the supercharger network.

All but proven by this pic they just posted on Twitter (unless there's currently a way to change the battery gauge to percentage that I don't know about).

BfV53JICUAAtzWH.jpg

It also wouldn't surprise me if they are running on fw6 and testing out a lot of software features for the supercharger network.

I would almost guarantee they are. Lowering at highway speeds will be more efficient and they could claim they drove Xcountry with the low position, when needed, safely. In addition, they can beta test lots of the 6.0 firmware.

I couldn't find it but is there a list of stations they will hit and approximate date/times? I couldn't tell form the map if they were hitting the Newark DE station before NY.

I think they pretty much have to stop in Newark to make it to NYC. whether they go to Hagerstown or Bethesda. If possible, I will try to coordinate a visit to Newark SC for their arrival. If anyone at Hagerstown sees them please post time. Thanks

Tracking the progress here..Catch Tesla LA-NY Trip Team - Page 2

If somebody happen to meet them could you plz notify us further in the thread mentioned above

Twitter update, team finished charging at Rapid City, SD supercharger @ 17:30. This is roughly same spot where a fan spotted them @ 15:30. I think twitter update may be an hour behind, but not much.

Updated arrival times
Rapid City, SD - 17:00 ET (Confirmed)
Murdo, SD - 19:30 ET (Confirmed)
Mitchell, SD - 22:00 ET
Worthington, MN - 00:00 to 00:30 ET (May skip)
Albert Lea, MN - 2:00 to 2:30 ET
La Crosse, WI - 4:30 ET (May skip)
Mauston, WI - 5:30 ET to 6:00 ET
Madison, WI - 6:30 ET to 7:00 ET
Rockford, IL - 8:00 ET (May skip)
Mishawaka, IN - 11:30 ET
Angola, IN - 12:30 ET (will skip)
Maumee, OH - 2:00 ET

Last edited:
So, my friend Aphysician, you still want me in Rockford in my pajamas at 6am? :)

They're saying 4" to 6" accumulation tomorrow. Starting 3am.

But I will put up a road block; all lanes, here in Schaumburg ... pretend the toll booths are not working and get their autographs? 8:30am ok?

So, my friend Aphysician, you still want me in Rockford in my pajamas at 6am? :)

They're saying 4" to 6" accumulation tomorrow. Starting 3am.

But I will put up a road block; all lanes, here in Schaumburg ... pretend the toll booths are not working and get their autographs? 8:30am ok?

You could work for the Governor of New Jersey:biggrin:

disclaimer: I actually like 'the gov'

@sp4rk, I thought they may have been delayed a bit in Colorado, and may reach Rockford a bit late. It doesn't seem like that. We can monitor next few hours and then decide. If weather stays ok then we may try to catch them in Maumee. 3-7" inch snow for us as well.