Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Customer Service is a Black Hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also the chat service is now gone. My SC is impossible to contact unless I drive in or literally harass them via multiple text messages which I still 10% chance I’ll get a response. It also doesn’t have an email address listed on the Tesla site

I’m at visit 7 in 4 months and each one had been the most ridiculous experience.

They should not tell customers I will get back to you with an update, go silent for days, and not have any way for customers to reach out for the update.

Customer support email takes weeks to respond, I have received any response in 7 emails.

We're not holding/doing it wrong. This is objectively terrible customer service. The auto industry and new customers will not give Tesla participation awards. They need to get their *sugar* together.

Also the chat service is now gone. My SC is impossible to contact unless I drive in or literally harass them via multiple text messages which I still 10% chance I’ll get a response. It also doesn’t have an email address listed on the Tesla site

I’m at visit 7 in 4 months and each one had been the most ridiculous experience.

They should not tell customers I will get back to you with an update, go silent for days, and not have any way for customers to reach out for the update.

Customer support email takes weeks to respond, I have received any response in 7 emails.

We're not holding/doing it wrong. This is objectively terrible customer service. The auto industry and new customers will not give Tesla participation awards. They need to get their *sugar* together.

It is true they have to follow up.

They should have time. They’re not wasting it answering the phones.

• Funny
Reactions: JanG007 and neroden
It makes me wonder how anyone ever successfully orders a Tesla over the phone. If communication is this crappy for existing owners, I can only imagine how much worse it would be for a non-Tesla owner that's trying to order a base Model 3. Without tying down a Tesla rep at a Tesla store, that is.
I have been trying for a week to get some answers to pre-purchase questions sent by email to 3 different advisors. No replies yet. Guess a Tesla in not in the cards for me. Too bad as this was my second shot at getting one. Then I read about how poor service is! I have been scared away reading these posts, as my closest service center AFIK is about a 9 hour drive away. I don't really like the regular dealers but at least they will reply to phone calls, texts or emails. Never really thought Tesla was such a Mickey Mouse company, but now I know. Makes me wonder how long they will remain in business using their current business model.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
images.jpeg

I have been trying to contact Sales by email. I did want to buy one, but now, not so much.
Never experienced this kind of crap before. Especially when wanting to purchase a CAD$76,000 car.
Most people I tell about this experience say "It's a da*n good thing you didn't buy one!". Tesla must think they are Amazon.

I have been trying to contact Sales by email. I did want to buy one, but now, not so much.
Never experienced this kind of crap before. Especially when wanting to purchase a CAD$76,000 car.
Most people I tell about this experience say "It's a da*n good thing you didn't buy one!". Tesla must think they are Amazon.

It is an area they need to work on for sure. Your experience mainly depends on how well your local service center is run. I have had fairly good luck with mine and the Mobile Service experience I had was positive. It is not all bad, you just tend to hear more about it on the forums like this. They are also a growing company and have to scale with the increased sales. 96k cars last quarter. They should start hiring seasoned operations folks from competitors that know how to scale the business.

I called the Calgary location, and the rep was very helpful and considerate while being unable to help me with giving me a firm delivery on date on my car. He did give me an estimate based on his past experiences though.

Well, I guess I could call, but if they won't reply to emails, I am not such a fan boy that I will beg for them to take my money.

If you're so adverse to calling then just use the chat function. I hate calling as much as the next guy but this is just silly. If you're serious about wanting the car then you can either call or post your questions on this forum to get an answer.

I wouldn't be willing to work that hard to give Tesla my business. I can understand the frustrations.

I think those of us who live in California have the most acceptable level of service that currently exists simply because there are so many Teslas and a lot of service centers and sales offices. Tesla has never been particularly reliable in Canada. It just doesn't seem like a priority for them, if they've even noticed how bad it appears to be.