Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Customer Service ...... IS HORRIBLE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What am I missing here? I bought something from their store and have followed their return process twice with no response. Now I go to the website and fill out a form for help and get the attached. 3 Days to respond? How do they think this will help this brand?

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 1.11.11 PM.png

I ordered some adapter cables from the store maybe 6 months ago. They sent most of them (one adapter per box), but one they created a label for and just never shipped. I sent an inquiry through that form because that's apparently the only way to get support for online store orders. I got a response 3 weeks later that completely misinterpreted what happened. I replied, and waited another 3 weeks before they fixed it and shipped the order out.

My car went into my local SC here in STL on Tues morning (appt was at 9:30) to get a few delivery issues fixed. It's Friday and I haven't heard ANYTHING from them. I have called and all I can do is leave VM's which they haven't returned. This is the worst automobile-related CS I have ever encountered. Granted they gave me a 2015 P85D (locked down) but if I don't hear from them by noon I'll make the 40+ trip over to the SC to talk to them face to face.

My car went into my local SC here in STL on Tues morning (appt was at 9:30) to get a few delivery issues fixed. It's Friday and I haven't heard ANYTHING from them. I have called and all I can do is leave VM's which they haven't returned. This is the worst automobile-related CS I have ever encountered. Granted they gave me a 2015 P85D (locked down) but if I don't hear from them by noon I'll make the 40+ trip over to the SC to talk to them face to face.
The Service Center will contact you when they have something to say. Until then, don't fret. The Tesla Store though, don't trust them to get back to you...

The Service Center will contact you when they have something to say. Until then, don't fret. The Tesla Store though, don't trust them to get back to you...

+1. Just because you left it there Tuesday doesn’t mean they worked on it then. At least you have a MS to drive around instead of Uber credits. If you still have the loaner this weekend, go on a long road trip!

Reactions: captanzuelo
Their CS is a joke. They used to be fairly responsive to email and now it is almost non-existence. Try calling their service center, it is like calling DMV. You get routed through a maze of the menu or you get to a mailbox that is always full. It is extremely difficult to get a hold of a person to talk to. What has been good is once your vehicle is in service, the system text you messages and you can reply to that text. They will reply to you via text messaging.

At the moment, Tesla is riding the wave because they are popular and could care less about customer service or QA qualities.

Reactions: dixosw and teko
When they only had the S as their “mass produced” vehicle, they rolled out the red carpet every time you interacted with them. I heard stories of Model S drivers running out of juice and Tesla coming in to the rescue to swap out their stranded Model S with a fully charged one to continue on with their trip.

Obviously they quickly realized that wasn’t going to be sustainable with the roll out of the 3 and now the Y, they got caught up with their successes and as @smilepak pointed out, they’re riding the wave right now.

They better improve quick. Mainstream car buyers will not put up with this. It's something that can kill a brand faster than anything else.

I've said this before, but they will not improve until there is a viable strong competitor on the market to give them a run. The only way they will start looking into customer service experience is when sales start dropping. So far there is no indication of that so current way of doing things will continue.

I've said this before, but they will not improve until there is a viable strong competitor on the market to give them a run. The only way they will start looking into customer service experience is when sales start dropping. So far there is no indication of that so current way of doing things will continue.

This is their Achilles heel, if a competitor wants to take them down it will be with a combination of a charging network and proper customer support.

Title needs “Breaking News: “next to it...

Lot of people complain about the bad service, but I haven’t experienced it myself... everyone seems helpful at my service center...

I think a lot of the bad feelings are a byproduct of being unable to make a simple phone call and talk to a human. What in most cases would be simple and quick answers causes undo frustration amongst the customer base when those go unanswered.
They need to open up an adequately staffed call center with well trained reps that have a Disney customer philosophy. There also needs to be some accountability for unanswered emails and other customer/quality shortfalls.

I think a lot of the bad feelings are a byproduct of being unable to make a simple phone call and talk to a human. What in most cases would be simple and quick answers causes undo frustration amongst the customer base when those go unanswered.
They need to open up an adequately staffed call center with well trained reps that have a Disney customer philosophy. There also needs to be some accountability for unanswered emails and other customer/quality shortfalls.

I agree with this. The majority of my frustration is unable to simply have a dialog with a human being. The majority of the issues or questions I have could be answered or they can offer suggestions. Being unable to get a hold of someone.

Reactions: rxlawdude