Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I don't need a truck anyway but what was I thinking about the event?

1. The truck is competing for the ugliest car (I still think the Fiat Multipla is worse)
2. I am actually impressed about the price tags.
3. I think Tesla should get somebody who can do presentations, Elon Musk is anything but good in that.
4. I liked the ATV.

• Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
Interesting design choices... :cool:

Cybertruck

upload_2019-11-21_21-12-53-png.479824

upload_2019-11-21_21-13-26-png.479825

upload_2019-11-21_21-14-18-png.479826

I ordered a single motor and received confirmation number. Also, payment went through on my Applecard so it works.

After reflecting, I ordered another with the dual motor, thinking the dual motor may ship first. The low cost entry level could be like the $35k Model 3.

It is $100 ticket to play ... so I doubled down.

I read your post and liked your thinking. Originally went AWD but thought I’d throw in the extra $100 for RWD as insurance in case it gets produced first. Worth the extra $100.

Don't have to worry about people keying it, don't have to worry about a kid bouncing their baseball off of it, don't have to worry about a shopping cart bumping it.

That it'll survive random small arms fire is a factor that most won't care about but it'll matter to the Teslacam crowd.
just people throwing ball bearings at it...

too soon?

j/k by the time it gets to production it will have 4" thick high calibre bullet proof fire resistant super glass.

• Funny
Reactions: jerjozwik
I think it's pretty awesome! Love the "vault" and the apparently spacious seating. Can't believe the dual motor Cybertruck is actually priced lower than the AWD Model Y with 7 seats.
The lower price reflects the new direction to design everything starting with a manufacturing optimization perspective. Stampable stainless steel all the things, big panels for all the surfaces, etc. This thing will have a simple manufacturing line and great margins; and I bet they'll adjust the design before release.

Just to note: Tesla do not want to make a lot of these, or take a huge market-share. They have enough on their plate creating the Model 3 Shanghai Edition, Model Y, the Semi etc and building out their production capabilities for batteries, energy markets and the like.

This is a fun Halo vehicle, working on some new underpinnings, that can provide a lot of free publicity and is probably very much Elon's pet project.

I'm interested in the exo-skeleton design and what that could mean for Tesla going forwards especially in relation to that patent for the all-in-one body casting machine. Are we going to see more one-piece bodies with batteries and interior just slotted in. It could turn manufacturing speed, simplicity and thus profitability up to 11.

Anyone know the dimensions of the TCT?

As in is it much wider than my TMX I'd have problems parking the car.

Love the look!

Took some notes and converted to cm, might have rounded some of the numbers but check the presentation if needed.
190cm in height
588.5 cm length
202.7 cm width
Assuming this would be without mirrors but mirrors will be added in some jurisdictions.

I know he's a billionaire but I feel bad for Elon.... He seemed really proud of the truck but when the windows broke, the air was let out of the room and he himself seemed deflated. He then ran through the specs (which are impressive AF) and just wanted to get off that stage.... :(
It was certainly a bad moment but I thought he handled it fairly well, even joking that "we'll fix it in post". Had to hurt every time he turned to look at it seeing the cracked windows.

Pretty sure they don’t care about selling these because they will be too busy building 3’s and Y’s, unless the Mustang puts a serious dent in that plan. I don’t think by the looks of it they wasted any R&D money. If sales tanked on their other vehicles they would likely build a truck that would sell, this obviously isn’t it.

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
I can just about imagine this as a woodie.

For a range of 500+ miles [by whatever standard], it'll need substantially more than 100 kWh of energy storage. Meaning Tesla's battery cell prices will continue their significant downward trajectory.

I would have preferred an arc at the apex, more polygons at the front, and larger fenders.