Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla doing Swapsies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

Been lurking since I ordered in Feb and after finally getting matched to a car today thought I would post.

Called Westfield today and they took an inventory long range with 18's and agreed to swap the wheels for 19's with another car. They have finally realised that by simply swapping wheels they can shift more cars.

Order confirmed, VIN received, delivery in next couple of weeks.

Hopefully this may help some of you get something sooner.

Cheers

Reactions: Roy W.
which car have you ended up with?

Hi all.

Been lurking since I ordered in Feb and after finally getting matched to a car today thought I would post.

Called Westfield today and they took an inventory long range with 18's and agreed to swap the wheels for 19's with another car. They have finally realised that by simply swapping wheels they can shift more cars.

Cheers

They are only doing this right now to move the final units they have in on the ground inventory. Once production ramps back up they will be less inclined to taking off parts from one car and swaping them with another. Lots of paperwork to re-label the take off parts inventory cars.

Glad you got what you wanted.

Reactions: M3noob
They are only doing this right now to move the final units they have in on the ground inventory. Once production ramps back up they will be less inclined to taking off parts from one car and swaping them with another. Lots of paperwork to re-label the take off parts inventory cars.

Glad you got what you wanted.

I would agree with that but if your in the market now then great. Don't ask, don't get after all

Hi all.

Cheers
Random thought... I wonder if the illustration of your car in your app/ on the infotainment screen will have the new wheels on it?