Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla emblems problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed during drying the Model S (June 2015) that both the right and left illuminated emblems stick out away from the body. It's the sharp end..the trailing edge that sticks out away from the body. I think those are candidates for breakage. Maybe it's just my car--but that's a fit and finish issue as far as I'm concerned. If there's interest I might be able to come up with a pix or video. Anyone else with that issue?

I noticed during drying the Model S (June 2015) that both the right and left illuminated emblems stick out away from the body. It's the sharp end..the trailing edge that sticks out away from the body. I think those are candidates for breakage. Maybe it's just my car--but that's a fit and finish issue as far as I'm concerned. If there's interest I might be able to come up with a pix or video. Anyone else with that issue?
Oh yes. All of them have that. That's why you don't ever use car wash with brushes!

... Anyone else with that issue?
Yes, my S90D built 9-2015 has the same issue, and I looked at a couple of others parked at the SC last time I was there. Same. Fortunately, the gap is largest on the trailing end towards the rear of the vehicle, and the aluminum lip overhangs the top of the plastic indicator fairly well, so hopefully it's less likely to get caught on something when traveling forward. Still, the gap is not insignificant and I'm very careful since finding this the first time I hand-washed ;) my MS, and would be a bit frightened of automated car washes with spinning brushes traveling the reverse direction. Yikes.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

Last edited: