Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Files Federal Suit in Michigan's Western District

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny story. My friend was a panelist today at a policy forum and Gov. Snyder was speaking as she was backstage getting ready. When they opened up the Q&A the second question was,(sic) "If we are all about competition, why is Tesla banned from selling and servicing their vehicles in Michigan." The Snyder aide next to her said, "*sugar*, not a Tesla question." The man will wear Flint as his legacy, but it's nice to see Tesla giving the so called nerd some heartburn.

@gregmcneily tweeted

Regarding Tesla, @onetoughnerd sidesteps straight-talk on his position. #wmpf2016

Last edited:
Funny story. My friend was a panelist today at a policy forum and Gov. Snyder was speaking as she was backstage getting ready. When they opened up the Q&A the second question was,(sic) "If we are all about competition, why is Tesla banned from selling and servicing their vehicles in Michigan." The Snyder aide next to her said, "*sugar*, not a Tesla question." The man will wear Flint as his legacy, but it's nice to see Tesla giving the so called nerd some heartburn.

@gregmcneily tweeted

Regarding Tesla, @onetoughnerd sidesteps straight-talk on his position. #wmpf2016

Sorry for the "sugar". Forgot.

Hah -- the dealerships snuck this same kind of one-word amendment into the Colorado dealership law too, just about the time Tesla opened their first and only showroom. Here's hoping that we can do the same thing here.

The team representing Tesla's legal and legislative efforts in Michigan hosted an owner's meeting this week. They indicated that while the lawsuit is progressing, it could take at least another year before a decision is reached. They still prefer a legislative solution and are looking to reintroduce a bill either this fall or early next year.

The team representing Tesla's legal and legislative efforts in Michigan hosted an owner's meeting this week. They indicated that while the lawsuit is progressing, it could take at least another year before a decision is reached. They still prefer a legislative solution and are looking to reintroduce a bill either this fall or early next year.

They represent Tesla's legislative efforts. Tesla's legal efforts are separate from their legislative affairs.

Reactions: bonnie
Thanks, that would explain why they weren't particularly interested in the legal approach.
I appreciate the info. This may factor into whether I go ahead with my Model 3 reservation or not. Early TSLA investor and still hoping to own one. Model S just to large and expensive for us. Not getting any younger and really don't want to deal with out of state delivery or service. Will appreciate continued updates as they become known.