Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta is now available for all in North America | TMC Podcast Clip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FSD Beta has been released in full in North America to those that paid for FSD up-front or pay for the subscription. However, to get the Beta, there are some features you will lose as FSD Beta is not synced to the most recent current code release.

This is a clip from Tesla Motors Club Podcast #27. The full podcast video is available here: https://youtu.be/LtDViqsiAMc

Why are they making value judgements and recommending to listeners what they should do based on those values? "I would highly recommend not to..." when referring to buying FSD. Why? Because he doesn't find value in the features? What if someone else does find value? Some people think others are idiots for spending more on a car than the cost of a Toyota Camry, but that's just them.

How about, instead, they discuss the features, and their experiences, and relate other people's experiences, giving the listener balanced viewpoints, and let the listener decide if they should purchase the FSD package.

Otherwise, this is just an Op-ed.

Why are they making value judgements and recommending to listeners what they should do based on those values? "I would highly recommend not to..." when referring to buying FSD. Why? Because he doesn't find value in the features? What if someone else does find value? Some people think others are idiots for spending more on a car than the cost of a Toyota Camry, but that's just them.

How about, instead, they discuss the features, and their experiences, and relate other people's experiences, giving the listener balanced viewpoints, and let the listener decide if they should purchase the FSD package.

Otherwise, this is just an Op-ed.
Our co-hosts have opinions,. They share them. Some people appreciate that. Clearly you don't.

FWIW I don’t recommend FSD right now either :) . I did get it when it was $8k figuring I bought a lottery ticket that may (hopefully) pay off in the next 5 years. Fingers crossed!
This current version is pretty good at a lot of things the last version didn’t do well. Better at getting into turn lanes, preparing to get into turn lanes. The flip side of that- I still get some strange ‘changing lanes to stay on route’ lane changes that are just plain unnecessary. Also new in this last update- a LOT of turn signals on twisty roads that are not necessary and even kind of misleading. Now there’s no camera icon to send feedback? Is there a way to report this?
I’m impressed how quickly I forget how far the tech has come.