Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hate Crimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve gotten the finger twice and my wife and I have both been “coal rolled” on separate occasions. Kinda sucks to be judged by a purchase. Thinking about changing IH8OIL license plate which I think gets a lot of people excited.
Same happened to me driving through Georgia. Some jacked up truck with an oversized US flag which reduced his already dreadful MPG to something criminal I'd imagine. At first I felt sorry for the guy because I thought he had blown a piston ring. When I realized what was going on I just burst out laughing. I mean really? I don't think it was the response the dude was lookin for.

Reactions: Brian-MS90D
As a non-white person living in the United States, I'm trying to wrap my mind around the use of the words "Tesla" and "hate crime" together. I get what OP is trying to say, but "hate crime" isn't the right term for it.

Bruce.
Disagree, hate crime is exactly what it is. Hate crime happens when some one who does not know you hates you by nature of their own preconceptions and biases. My guess: this ignorant person thought "anyone with a tesla personifies XXXX and I hate XXXX", thus finger and thrown objects. Often this is racial, but racism doesn't have a monopoly on moronic behavior.

Same happened to me driving through Georgia. Some jacked up truck with an oversized US flag which reduced his already dreadful MPG to something criminal I'd imagine. At first I felt sorry for the guy because I thought he had blown a piston ring. When I realized what was going on I just burst out laughing. I mean really? I don't think it was the response the dude was lookin for.

Agree with everything you said except oversized American flag. : ) If they only knew my motivations for driving a Tesla--sure the environment is high on the list--but followed closely by ending meaningless wars over oil saving American lives, and supporting American workers. I'm no less a patriot than these guys blowing smoke at me.

Agree with everything you said except oversized American flag. : ) If they only knew my motivations for driving a Tesla--sure the environment is high on the list--but followed closely by ending meaningless wars over oil saving American lives, and supporting American workers. I'm no less a patriot than these guys blowing smoke at me.
I'll wager that you are MORE of a patriot.

It was one of those external flags. Looked like this:

truckflag.jpg

* NOT ACTUAL TRUCK

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
As a non-white person living in the United States, I'm trying to wrap my mind around the use of the words "Tesla" and "hate crime" together. I get what OP is trying to say, but "hate crime" isn't the right term for it.

Bruce.

A crime is a crime, rarely does the criminal like you while committing the crime. I doubt they are going to not target a specific person because the penalty is more for doing the crime against them vs. anyone else. Punishment should fit the crime, not the victim.

Not a hate crime and Lord knows why this kid did it, but I was driving my mother around town and a teenager pulled up beside me at the stoplight, opened his window, and yelled "F--- YOU!!!" at the top of his lungs. I hadn't cut him off or anything.

Best response was my mother. She totally ignored the boy. Didn't jump in her seat or anything. I think that made him much more upset as he drove off.

I've taken to giving them the sign of a cross, like a priest... much funnier.

That would be my response. :) I think I'd be laughing my head off.

• Funny
Reactions: MarkKW
My wife is on a Facebook group called Tesla Diva's and they've been posting about this for the last year. Sounds really bad in the bay area. So strange.

I've driven a 1991 Acrua NSX for 17 years and the only thing I've ever had is thumbs up's and 6 or 7 o'clock picture taking! Never a negative reaction. This was a really expensive car when they came out.

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte
Over the pond here in the UK there seems to be nothing but love for Tesla.

I've had kids on three separate occasions stop dead in their tracks and shout "It's a Tesla!" and "Nice car!" whilst gazing longingly after me as I disappear into the distance.

Hardly anyone ever wants to race me either :)

When I got to my car today after work, a family with two middle or high school age kids was standing in the parking lot. The kids had been taking pictures of my car on their cellphones for a while. :)

I showed them around the car some. They were practically giddy.

The first day I went to pick my kids up from their elementary school, after getting my Tesla, a kid saw my car and yelled at me "Dude, that car is LIT!!!".