Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Available Tesla hats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rare Adjustable Tesla "Roadster Club" Hat (NOS) - Black w/ Gray Lettering | eBay
Price : $99

Anyone know where this hat came from? Goodie box came with roadster?

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Roadster
I've never seen a Roadster Club hat like that nor heard of Roadster Club as a group. I do have a hat (not for sale) from the same era, logo-wise, though; it says Signature One Hundred on the back. I received this one when a group of us Signature 100 pre-owners* visited the San Carlos location in 2007 before production of our cars had begun. We had a chance during that visit to get a better feel for the available paint colors because there was a rack of hardtops in several colors.

* When we put our full $100K payment down for the Signature 100 cars we were not actually buying a car because Tesla Motors was not yet qualified as an auto manufacturer, so they were not legally allowed to sell cars. Instead we were becoming members of Tesla Signature One Hundred with the opportunity to have our reservation payment credited toward the vehicle acquisition costs when they became available.
IMG_5886.png
IMG_5888.png

I saw the postings for the hats for sale and after we looked at them we decided we wanted to have some hats made to match the car color and one set to contrast. We wanted to customize our hats with some different embroidery designs. Cap on, top off it's the best way to drive on beautiful day. So, I talked to multiple hat and embroider companies and found one that manufactures and supplies blanks to the smaller and mid size shops. They are willing to do a group buy for very reasonable rates but still allow the hats to be ordered in different in different colors, styles and offer customization on the front, back and sides per whatever anyone wants on theirs but still be able to do a group discount for the hats and embroidery work. It is not like everyone has the same color cars, some in the group even have more than one color. The minimum quantity of use for each embroidery design to eliminate the design fee is 24 times for the order, they will keep the design stored for future orders or other stuff. It does not matter which hat or which location the embroidery design is on the hat to count for the 24 times. If a design is used less than 24 times for the order, then the fee for that design based on stitching in that artwork and it would be divided by whatever the number was less than 24 uses. An individual set up fee can be figured for anyone who wants to add any custom design artwork for their hat. I would just need the design or logo to get a price for it. If you also want different color threads used on the same hat, they can also do a color change fee depending on what you wanted done. If I can get an idea of any interest, how many hats, which colors and styles and if there is any common artwork the group is interested in or wants, then I can get some close prices to share with everyone. 7 to 10 days to get orders completed and shipped. Most lettering does not require a design unless it is something special. I bet someone in the group may have a great idea that everyone else would love to have on a hat. I attached some ideas and preliminary information. Have fun with some ideas and let me know whos interested.

Attachments

• Hat Form.pdf
    629.6 KB · Views: 95
I saw the postings for the hats for sale and after we looked at them we decided we wanted to have some hats made to match the car color and one set to contrast. We wanted to customize our hats with some different embroidery designs. Cap on, top off it's the best way to drive on beautiful day. So, I talked to multiple hat and embroider companies and found one that manufactures and supplies blanks to the smaller and mid size shops. They are willing to do a group buy for very reasonable rates but still allow the hats to be ordered in different in different colors, styles and offer customization on the front, back and sides per whatever anyone wants on theirs but still be able to do a group discount for the hats and embroidery work. It is not like everyone has the same color cars, some in the group even have more than one color. The minimum quantity of use for each embroidery design to eliminate the design fee is 24 times for the order, they will keep the design stored for future orders or other stuff. It does not matter which hat or which location the embroidery design is on the hat to count for the 24 times. If a design is used less than 24 times for the order, then the fee for that design based on stitching in that artwork and it would be divided by whatever the number was less than 24 uses. An individual set up fee can be figured for anyone who wants to add any custom design artwork for their hat. I would just need the design or logo to get a price for it. If you also want different color threads used on the same hat, they can also do a color change fee depending on what you wanted done. If I can get an idea of any interest, how many hats, which colors and styles and if there is any common artwork the group is interested in or wants, then I can get some close prices to share with everyone. 7 to 10 days to get orders completed and shipped. Most lettering does not require a design unless it is something special. I bet someone in the group may have a great idea that everyone else would love to have on a hat. I attached some ideas and preliminary information. Have fun with some ideas and let me know whos interested.
Holy crap that is hard to read.

You may want to fix the Enter button on your keyboard.

Reactions: hcsharp
Us old school people (who grew up using terminals where you had to hit enter after each "line") get tripped up by some web forms where the enter key submits the whole form instead of making a line-break...

Only if it clearly says "Original Roadster" (or words to that effect) on it. Otherwise, it's just another bit of Tesla merch...

... I bet someone in the group may have a great idea that everyone else would love to have on a hat. I attached some ideas and preliminary information. Have fun with some ideas and let me know whos interested.

Perhaps we should have something showing the origin from this forum, or at least TMC?