Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla head on collision with a Honda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rubber traces

false colors to increase contrast to see rubber traces of Model S
(I hope this post works :scared: big trouble with my connection)
false colors.jpg
false colors+track.jpg

The Tesla driver was charged with vehicular manslaughter today:

Laguna Doctor Charged in Fatal High-Speed Crash - Police Fire - Laguna Beach, CA Patch

Laguna Beach turned the case over to the Orange County Prosecutor. Certainly by now they have reviewed the black box evidence. We still don't know the details of the case and even when we do a jury will determine guilt or not. However, they feel they have enough evidence to convict. While we still don't know if any of my hypothesis was correct, my guess is its looking more and more likely. For those who strongly disagreed with my theory (Dflye, Scriptacus, El Supreme, Capitalist Oppressor, etc.) I'm curious what your thoughts are now.

They don't file charges if they don't have evidence supporting their case.

So in California being accused equals guilt? Glad I don't live in California.

Please note, I am not saying he is innocent. But I think concluding either way without seeing the specifics is unwarranted.
If he is criminally guilty I hope justice is done and he does get jail time. I also hope that if the driver of the car he was racing is known they also hold them accountable for their role.

The Tesla driver was charged with vehicular manslaughter today:

For those who strongly disagreed with my theory (Dflye, Scriptacus, El Supreme, Capitalist Oppressor, etc.) I'm curious what your thoughts are now.

My thoughts are pretty much the same. Back in April you had no evidence to your supposition. Now with law enforcement, and subpoenas, and SEVEN MONTHS of investigation they are now of the belief that he was possibly negligent in his actions. I never claimed that he was driving responsibly. I was just questioning your certainty that he driving to match the specific details of your story.

Last edited:
Dr. Robert Pettis arraignment postponed today until December 19.

Model S 85Kw, pearl white, black leather, matte obeche, pano roof, tech pkg,air suspension, prem. radio,19" tires,parcel shelf,

Last edited:
On a side note, I happened to mention this crash in a thread about electric cars in a motorcycle forum I often visit.
Turned out one of the members is a friend of the guy who is currently trying to convert his stretched Westfalia camper into an EV using Tesla drivetrain and battery. Apparently the components are from the Tesla involved in this very accident :eek: