Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla headache?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Headache was major issue for me and my wife. I over came it by setting Regen to low and acceleration to chill. It made massive difference and we really enjoyed the ride after that. You can do this in short term until you master using accelerator for both speed up and slow down.

The trick is to not accelerate insanely quickly, more importantly, don't lose accelerator completely for slowing down.

I have tested the model 3 performance this afternoon for 30min. Obviously, I tried the 3.4sec acceleration a few times (who wouldn’t). Now, a few hours later, I have severe headache and I’m nauseous. So far goes that first impression :-(

I have tested the model 3 performance this afternoon for 30min. Obviously, I tried the 3.4sec acceleration a few times (who wouldn’t). Now, a few hours later, I have severe headache and I’m nauseous. So far goes that first impression :-(
For what it's worth, the headache only lasted a couple hours for me, and after 3 days of driving my M3 it went away. So, don't give up yet, it's temporary!

Serious - check your posture and seating position, you might be tensing neck/head muscles. It's also possible that you have a sensitivity to some of the new car chemicals. I know I get very nauseous in cheaper new cars.
You can't blame the car if it's too fast for your brain. :)

Just put it in chill mode.

My model 3 made me slightly nauseated on delivery, and I had a friend who couldn't ride in it for a month or two until the out-gassing had tapered off a bit. It had nothing to do with acceleration. It was all chemically induced.